Project: Cool Dragon

Associate
JFMI did you intentionally start with the idea of having the water tubes a different colour..
no dis i quit like the idea of having it red one min and blue the next just by turning the light off..

Associate
OP
use different uv :) not blue...it hides the red :(
Hehe well I am planning on getting a new case and rad soon so I think I might just go with coloured tubing and distilled water when I switch as it is a lot cleaner and cheaper.

Bad news on the overclocking front though.

Temps are still my limiting factor. I know I can get a 3.9ghz overclock but my CPU gets a little too hot with that so I am looking into getting a 360 rad and putting it in an 800D (or getting a 480 and a TJ07 if one becomes available 2nd hand).

Associate
OP
Just though I would give everyone a little update ;)

Well, the I think I over rated the performance I would get from the 280 radiator. It gave me good temps for my GPU but my CPU actually ran hotter than it did when it was on my thermalright venomous-x. Therefore, I have been unable to overclock past the 3.6ghz (I know my chip can go up to 3.9ghz but the temps go too high). I was pretty gutted by this but it still worked so I though I would stick with it. Summer has come and I have a bit of money so I have splashed out and bought the following:

Corsair 800D (thanks to BringTheRain in the MM)

1x Black 1/2" compression fitting

3m White XPSC 1/2" tubing

2x black bitfenix 6 pin PCIe extensions

XSPC RX360 radiator

3x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm

1x Silver Kill Coil

EK Multioption 250 Reservoir V2 Advanced

XSPC acetal pump top V3

LED Cap (basically a 1/4" plug but with space for an LED so I can use it in the res)

9x 45 Degree black 1/2" compression fittings

1x EK Anti-cyclon

PSU bridge Fpug (for jumpstarting the PSU as I find the paper clip really annoying :p)

8mm Tubing (for draining my current system)

CPU Backplate (my EK block never came with one so I have made do with my custom one. This was cheap so I though I might as well throw it in to my order :D)

90 degree 1/2" compression fitting.

Look out for a new project log sometime in the next few weeks :D

Associate
OP
Nice video.

How much bigger is the Corsair 800D? Will you be able to use both the 360 and the 240 rads in your new build?
Well the K62 measures 214mm x 496mm x 498 mm (W, H, D) and the 800D 229 mm X 609mm X 609mm so it is quite a bit bigger :).

I was thinking of modding the bottom for my 280 rad but have decided against it because:
1) I don't really need the extra cooling power
2) I have no experience in modding and if I made a mistake I wouldn't be able to replace it (I don't have an income as I am too young).
3) I could do with a little bit of money back after my spending spree (i.e. sell it).

Cheers

Associate
Well the K62 measures 214mm x 496mm x 498 mm (W, H, D) and the 800D 229 mm X 609mm X 609mm so it is quite a bit bigger :).

I was thinking of modding the bottom for my 280 rad but have decided against it because:
1) I don't really need the extra cooling power
2) I have no experience in modding and if I made a mistake I wouldn't be able to replace it (I don't have an income as I am too young).
3) I could do with a little bit of money back after my spending spree (i.e. sell it).

Cheers

Fair points. Hope you get a good price for the old 280.

Back
Top Bottom