PROJECT: FLAME ORANGE

Soldato

Hi guys.

EDIT: 21/10/2013
Offical sponsors

I am planning a refresh of my PC. You may remember my last build, Project Abino.

Well this time I'm going for something a little more unique :)

I have the following items sat on my desk.

This is to paint my radiator frames etc.

The case I'm getting is very special, and I am planning to get it powder coated in orange also. The case I have ordered is full aluminium, which is already powder coated in black, but I'm having it stripped and done in orange powder coat.

Mick from Mayhems has kindly provided me 2 large bottles of Orange fluid for the w/c.
This build will be a slow and steady process, the case will take around 4-6 weeks to arrive I think.

EDIT: 21/10/2013
Thanks to Bitfenix for the LED strips and orange coloured cables
Mick from Mayhems has kindly provided me 2 large bottles of Orange fluid for the w/c.
A big thank you goes to Pascal at Aquatuning for sorting me out a great deal on the case. Well happy with it now
:)
Thanks to Noise blocker for the support in the way of 20 x fans for my build

Last edited:
Soldato
As in me? I dont work for OcUK anymore lol.

The problem is there are so many options and selections from MM that people want their own choice over pre-selected options from a EU/UK reseller.

doh, i thought ya did! change ya profie then ya heathen, confusing my small brain and things! yeah, i guess it would be a pita to make everyone happy :/

Man of Honour
I failed at trying spell that too Ace.. I've placed some card over the fins, lightly rubbed down with wet'n'dry and spaying in layers to get an even cover.

How about some orange connectors? I was thinking of fixing white bitspower connectors but the are a bit pricey so was thinking of spaying some bog standard ones. As long as i avoid the thread, it shouldn't be a problem.

Soldato
OP
I failed at trying spell that too Ace.. I've placed some card over the fins, lightly rubbed down with wet'n'dry and spaying in layers to get an even cover.

How about some orange connectors? I was thinking of fixing white bitspower connectors but the are a bit pricey so was thinking of spaying some bog standard ones. As long as i avoid the thread, it shouldn't be a problem.

i'm doing that with wet and dry, taking the top layer off so the primer takes better. I'm getting Monsoon orange fittings too.

Associate
Although I've only seen the photo of the paint, I already like where this is going. It'll be good to see everything colour coordinated inside the case. Looking forward to seeing future updates :D

Back
Top Bottom