Project GreenGasm

Soldato
6th picture - a DDC just screws on. OCUK offer a preassembled bundle but for some reason they don't seem to show pictures of it assembled - I'm pretty sure if there were a DDC mounted, it would stick out more than that.

Permabanned
OP
6th picture - a DDC just screws on. OCUK offer a preassembled bundle but for some reason they don't seem to show pictures of it assembled - I'm pretty sure if there were a DDC mounted, it would stick out more than that.

Yeah... I just want to see some pictures of it assembled.

Looks like it also fits a D5... I'm more used to playing with D5s than DDC.

Soldato
Finally some pics that show a pump mounted on it. It also acts as a heatsink for a DDC. The implication from that page is that you can use a D5 but not directly attached like you can with a DDC - ie it's just a res with an external, separate D5 pump.
http://www.phanteks.com/PH-R220.html (6th picture again in the gallery at the top of the page)

Permabanned
OP
ohh nice res... i was just looking at the Primochill CTR ones... they look pretty gorgeous

I was thinking about them too.

Finally some pics that show a pump mounted on it. It also acts as a heatsink for a DDC. The implication from that page is that you can use a D5 but not directly attached like you can with a DDC - ie it's just a res with an external, separate D5 pump.
http://www.phanteks.com/PH-R220.html (6th picture again in the gallery at the top of the page)

Yeah, I just found that too :D

Looks awkward though... as I'll be mounting the pump side to the back of my case... rather than side-mounting like they show in their photos.

EDIT: Looks like the phanteks pump bracket should do the job.

Associate
i was looking at the primochill fittings anyway... so might just do a huge order with them for fittings, radiators, pump, res... get it all in one go lol

Associate
i haven't used a DDC myself... i used a D5 in my last soft tubing build... but from what i can see the D5 has the edge on flow rates, but the DDC has better pressure

so just depends on your build... if you need the extra pressure for the angles / fittings / blocks being used, the DDC is a good bet... but if it's a simple run and flow rate is more your concern, then the D5 is a winner

Associate
yeah, pressure is what i'm after in my build... i know there's going to be lots of right angles around the loop, so the extra pressure will really help out

Permabanned
OP
Primochill Vue arrived today :)

Swapped the fluid out and plugged in the new cables.

IMG_0243 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

IMG_0248 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

IMG_0245 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

The Vue effect is really nice but isn't the easiest to show in these phone pictures... but this one with flash gives an idea:

IMG_0246 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Still have to sort out the holes at the back from the old reservoirs.

Back
Top Bottom