Project GreenGasm

Soldato
I know exactly how you feel there. There's a number of thing that haven't quite irritated me enough that I've actually got round to doing them!

If it helps, I got this set of bits It's more than you need but its quite a nice selection if you need to attack things more regularly. Were quite good for shaving the delrin feet on my rad so the case feet fitted in too.

Permabanned
OP
crinkle, where did you get your desk from? Looks great and something I'm after.

Switzerland... brought it back with me :)

I'm actually looking to replace it, I want the type of corner desk where you can push yourself into the corner, rather than having effectively two desks stuck together. It's very solid / sturdy though.

I'll drop you a trust message, delete it if it's unwarranted.

Permabanned
OP

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Forgot I'd subscribed to this .Looking forward to seeing the changes :)

Permabanned
OP
The main rebuild is pretty much done, all the tubing etc completed... new pump/res combo units.

The EK pump/res are rather small for the case... i'm thinking about picking up some of the singularity computers units.

The Mayhems X1 blue reacts to UV really well... the Red, not so much. But no biggie... this fluid is basically a flush for a couple of weeks until my pre-order of Primochill Vue comes through...

Sky Blue for the GPU:
PC-V32-USBL_600x_crop_center by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Powder Red for the CPU:
PC-V32-PWR_600x_crop_center by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

I've also ordered some new MDPC-X sleeved cables... in Gulf Blue & Orange (that orange is closer to red in real life and very vibrant).

Here's how it is at the moment... noticed from the photos that the window really needs a clean! I'm also going to do something about the excess holes at the back from the Monsoon reservoirs... as a side note, I STRONGLY recommend against purchasing the MMRS reservoirs... the build quality is absolutely terrible. The plastic for the G1/4 fittings was so soft it was easy to for a metal fitting to destroy the thread (no excess force, light thumb/finger pressure) and the way the screws and mounts are put together, likely the paint they use - they were hard enough to mount properly in the first place - but holy **** I've never had so much trouble taking a PC apart. It was like working on a rusty 20 year old car... stay away!

IMG_0182 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

IMG_0185 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

IMG_0186 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

I had a go at cleaning the block for the second GPU - but it was a nightmare. I thought about ordering a new block... but I've ended up going down to a single GPU for now in my main rig & I stuck the original cooler on the other Titan XP to go in my mining rig.

I'm going to wait until EK release a waterblock for the Titan V and buy one (or see if Nvidia announce anything interesting at CES).

Now to get a 10GbE switch and NIC for my home server...

Need to rename the PC... current netbios name is PurpleUrple

Soldato
Sounds like you had fun with the Monsoons then! A 'spare' Titan XP..what are you like!? :rolleyes:
Be interested in the 10GbE adventures. Keep looking at it myself but the pricing puts me off. Want it to get from the house to the office (outbuilding) and could easily push a fibre down the duct (probably not for the definition of 'easily' that I have in mind, of course) but not with the plugs on and splicing your own seems pricey. That puts me in 10GBaseT (Cat6a) territory which seems to be pricier still. If you find an affordable way of doing it, I'm all ears! :D

Permabanned
OP
Yeah... I really really dislike the monsoons... worst piece of consumer computing equipment I've ever used and I've worked on 100s of computers... even cleaning out dust from a 10 year old computer is a more pleasant experience than playing with those things... seriously had to hammer-in a slightly oversized allan key to even get the bolts undone (and they weren't over-tightened or anything).

If you want to do 10 gig on the cheap... grab a handful of second hand server NICs off ebay... you can get LC fibre cards or 10GbE cards off ebay or natex.us nice and cheap.

Mine's not going to be too cheap though... I'm planning to get a Meraki MS225-48LP which has 4x SFP+ ports. I really like the cloud-managed infrastructure, even though it's overkill for my home network. These switches are also good because the fans spin down to 0 when under light use and they stay there... so you get a really high end switch without the datacentre noise. It'll be all I need for a good long time and will run the little server room I stick in new house. As a Meraki partner... I get them a lot cheaper than you'd see if you googled that model number... 65% discount.

Associate
thanks for the advice on the monsoons... i was going to use one in my build, will avoid now though

how's the Vue stuff holding up? it looks gorgeous in your loop so far :D

Permabanned
OP
Thanks, its looking nice, I was thinking of getting one of these so its nice to see one in a setup.

Correction, checked the picture and that was of the older 144Hz TN panel.

I've since replaced it and the newer one has the red led glowing base.

thanks for the advice on the monsoons... i was going to use one in my build, will avoid now though

how's the Vue stuff holding up? it looks gorgeous in your loop so far :D

If you want a really special res - grab one of the singularity computers units - they're awesome.

Vue hasn't arrived yet - that's Mayhem's X1.

Vue at the end of the month.

Associate
If you want a really special res - grab one of the singularity computers units - they're awesome.

Vue hasn't arrived yet - that's Mayhem's X1.

Vue at the end of the month.

thanks will take a look and see what jumps out at me

ahhh, my bad, thought you had it in already... looking at using it in my build this year, going for an all white diamond frost feel to the build... so going to grab some of the Sky White Vue fluid for that metallic white look :D

Permabanned
OP
Back
Top Bottom