Project Ignorant Bliss

Soldato
OP
did you get my email bud?

Depends which one - I replied to your first one, I was waiting on a reply from you? You have my email I believe - just shoot me a direct email.

Cheers guys. I'm about 70% through sleeving the new pci-e cables. I'll run out of sleeve before I get to the ATX so I better get some more ordered!

You never know, I might actually get a chance to use it as a PC eventually!

Soldato
OP
Almost - going B/G/G/W/G/G/B this time.

EVGA cables are much easier to deal with for sleeving - the pins are easy to extract and they have added the capacitors on thin guage wire separate to the main cables, much easier to relocated them further down the cable. They won't be quite as effective as when right by the plug but it's not going to make a huge difference.

Off to finish up the PCI-E cables now :)

Soldato
OP
cables haven't quite been trained yet, but back up and running with some better looking cables for the EVGA supply now.

Will post some better pics when I get a chance to tidy up those usb 2.0 cables in the bottom (my CNC requires USB 2.0 alas... i'll upgrade at some point to an ethernet controller but for now I need them!)

Colours aren't quite accurate - the EVGA stuff is all white and I set the formula board to a manly hot pink at the moment, but it's RGB so can set pretty much whatever.

vz5jZ3l.jpg

RmXxhbs.jpg

Soldato
OP

Well I found a game that really maxes out my rig in 4K - star citizen!

I think it's partly because of poor optimisation due to being an alpha build but it really does stress out my system. I've noticed after a couple of hours on that I actually have to open a window in the man cave because it's getting hot in there lol. Loop temps are a little higher than I'd like at that point - getting up towards 45 degrees.

So I think I need to change the 360mm radiator fans. The ones on there at the moment, I didn't realise quite how slow they are... The corsair quiet edition don't move a lot of air. Even at maximum if you put your hand behind the rad you can't feel much flow. I will be replacing with some more noiseblocker e-loops with significantly more than double the CFM ability at max chat while still remaining respectable on the noise front.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's just the picture - I think what you are seeing is a shadow cast on the top of the reservoir from the spot light in the ceiling being blocked by the top case edge.

The CNC manufacturer is quite emphatic that USB 2.0 must be used... I could try USB 3.0 and I'm sure it would work, but the problem is even a small communication hiccup can totally screw up positioning and ruin a piece of work. Safest bet is simply to use what they recommend! I will at some point change over to a smoothstepper ethernet controller which is much less sensitive to interference than USB.

Craig - whatever floats your boat man lol.

Can I just get an opinion on something? I'm looking at how I can bring the mosfets into the loop since the formula board has a hybrid block installed already. As it is the bottom port is blocked by the 140mm fan...

So I was just wondering on some thoughts - I could move the fan behind the radiator and I would save the 15mm spacer which should give enough space to put a fitting in the bottom of the mosfet block.

The option then would be to have the fan pulling (ie still exhausting), which I understand isn't quite as good as pushing) or I could flip it and have it as an intake setup. The bonus there would be that I have colder air being drawn through that radiator compared to the warm case air, the downside being the two slow 120mm in the top would be my only exhaust fans.

Would appreciate any thoughts :)

Back
Top Bottom