Project: Indigo

Associate
Hows this going. what about mounting the SSD to the plastic shroud infront of the hot swap bay. I always thought they would look quite good there and you could dremel out some slots for the cables

Soldato
OP
Hows this going. what about mounting the SSD to the plastic shroud infront of the hot swap bay. I always thought they would look quite good there and you could dremel out some slots for the cables

I thought about that too, the problem with this idea is that the shroud comes right to the edge of the case which means i wouldn't ever be able to put the door back on

Associate
I thought about that too, the problem with this idea is that the shroud comes right to the edge of the case which means i wouldn't ever be able to put the door back on

I mean the one facing inwards. I put my 120 rad on it in my 800d.
I think that would look pretty good.

Soldato
OP
I have been very busy:

1) I decided to put the pump/res in the drive bays. This was because there was no practical place to have it on the midplate. Anywhere i would have put it would have blocked the opportunity for 580 sli later down the road.

2) i have filled and leak tested with Mayhems Blue Berry. Unbelievably the system used almost a whole bottle. I was sure it would be under one bottle because the old loop had more tubing and a larger res... Anyway, 12+ hours of leak testing and not one drop so im confident *knocks on wood* :p

3) I have been trying to master "Cable Stitching" from a tutorial by a Mr Frank Stein. It is a way of taming sleeved cables so that they are more uniform. I quite like the black stitches on the blue sleeving - matches the rig's theme :)

4) I have rubbed off the corsair logo from the front panel with a little nail varnish and a lot of elbow grease. The front is now clear of all branding and Ive gotten a vinyl cutting shop to cut out some bits for me. If they look good, ill keep them on, if not, ill leave the front clean brushed aluminium.

5) My custom engraved PSU plate has arrived. It was a PAIN to install, but it looks alright now. Unfortunately they didnt mention that if you put in the plate, you cant put on your side panel :( I guess ill have to take it off for everyday use...

I thought i;d leave you with a few pics to wet your appetite for the next update :)

Btw, these are my first cable stitches and the card is just there until they learn their shape :)

Associate
Looking good, definitely prefer that blue to the more violet colour in the TJ07. As for mounting the HyperX SSDs there was a member here that mounted them where you have pictured yours in the above post inside black 2.5" to 3.5" adapter and stuck it down with some double sided tape the ran the cables through the grommets below the motherboard. Or you could have a go at mounting them like OCUK have here: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-185-OE&groupid=43&catid=2238&subcat= although I don't know if the case you have would allow for them to be mount like this.

Soldato
OP
Looking good, definitely prefer that blue to the more violet colour in the TJ07.

Thanks, I agree. I was rather disappointed with that raspberry coolant, it was much more purple than the internet images.

As for mounting the HyperX SSDs there was a member here that mounted them where you have pictured yours in the above post inside black 2.5" to 3.5" adapter and stuck it down with some double sided tape the ran the cables through the grommets below the motherboard.

Ill be doing the same, i might have the adaptor, i might not - havent decided yet

Or you could have a go at mounting them like OCUK have here: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-185-OE&groupid=43&catid=2238&subcat= although I don't know if the case you have would allow for them to be mount like this.

cant do it in that location due to all the tubing etc

Soldato
OP
A little update of todays events:

Ive been doing a little more cable stitching on the EPS cable - it is now tame and under control and ready for installation into the machine

(the cardboard is so the wires stay straight and learn that shape :))

I also got a little surprise from a forum member. This guy is an absolute legend and I am privileged... no... HONOURED to have his signed No.1 custom made circuit as part of my build :D

There are two circuits. The larger one with orange heatshrink is designed to take a PWM input (and molex for power) and auto-adjust the voltage to 4x Gentle Typhoons. Yes, you heard that right, this circuit allows a bank of 4 GT's to be controlled via PWM. EPIC.

The smaller second circuit is to control my lighting. This also uses an PWM line to adjust the intensity of the lighting.

Idling: quiet fans, low/no lights
Load: full fans, intense lighting

I am just so thrilled, it is something that i have discussed with countless enthusiasts over the years and if this works, it is just going to be incredible.

That is what i wanted to show you guys. I am going back to the machine now to work out where to tuck these circuits and how to cable manage them :)

Soldato
lot of your pics aren't working for me.

Shame about the TJ-07 i liked that build, especially the side psu mount.. man these modern cases make stuff easier and prettier than they were last time i watercooled, in the infancy of WC

Soldato
OP
This build looks insane..!!

Why thank you Sir, that means a great deal to me :)

lot of your pics aren't working for me.

if there are other reports of this, ill look into another hosting method

Shame about the TJ-07 i liked that build, especially the side psu mount.. man these modern cases make stuff easier and prettier than they were last time i watercooled, in the infancy of WC

I have mixed feelings about the TJ07. If i am ever in a position where i have enough money to do a complete overhaul on her, ill look into it.

Love what you've done with the cables - the "stitches" look amazing.

thanks you very much :)

Just found the rig you "took" that from...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSmg2uiowx0

Ive never even seen that video :p

I watched that guys video tutorials for cable stitching, but never seen that particular vid

very tidy....

Right then guys, this will probably be my last photos for Project: Indigo.

I have finished the 800D build. I did have a little issue with the mobo: it refused to boot if there was any RAM in the first two DIMM slots :rolleyes:

Anyway, the build is at a place that I am happy with and I am hoping it will serve me for a good while to come :)

Because of the bad weather (too hot :p) i haven't even attempted overclocking. When the weather gets back to normal ill attempt some overclocking and if it is decent, ill post it up :)

Tealc's circuit with the MSI bios is working quite nicely:

Tealc's Circuit set on Medium
MSI bios: 50 degree target, 32.5% minimum

This means that most of the time the machine is SILENT and i do mean it - ive never heard a machine as quiet as this. The temps at idle are 10 degrees above ambient and rise to ~25 above idle at load.

The machine had never been over 50 degrees as the bios is set to speed up the fans as the system approaches 50 degrees. I was worried at first MSI's implementation of PWM would play havoc with Tealc's circuit but they have worked together beautifully :)

Enough blathering, here are the photos:

Soldato
Glad to see the circuit is working fine. I was never in any doubt though as we knew exactly what power those GTs needed so I tuned it perfectly to your needs.

Was this not the build for the PWM dimmer?

Soldato
OP
Glad to see the circuit is working fine. I was never in any doubt though as we knew exactly what power those GTs needed so I tuned it perfectly to your needs.

Thank you, they work beautifully :D

Was this not the build for the PWM dimmer?

I have not yet done the lighting:
- the LED strips need to be measured, cut and soldered together how i want them
- ive ordered a new tip for the soldering iron

I will get round to doing the lighting soonish :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks for your comments on my thread - your build looks VERY nice. DO you have much left to do on it?

If you look at post 51, that is it finished :)

I havent done anything else to it since then (apart from use it :p)

I am in the feasibility stage of planning a new build for 2013 which may or may not include:

- Corsair 900D
- Haswell
- AMD 8000 or Nvidia 700 series
- Corsair Digital power supply

:)

Associate
What did you fabricate the piece of material that you've used to cover the lower rad/psu area with? That's a really good match colour wise. Also, did you have to touch up the paint on the 800D - if so what did you use?

Is the lower compartment a different size on the 800D vs the 700D, because I couldn't get my rads or PSU in orientated so that they were standing up on their "ends"

:)

Back
Top Bottom