Project: Inverse by StevenG - Updated 29th April

Soldato
OP
Another small update.

fitted the block to one of my gfx cards and got a pic of the triple chip block for my board (NB SB Link)

gfx1.JPG

gfx2.jpg

gfx3.JPG

triple1.JPG

triple2.JPG

should have some more updates later this week, also got the Mosfet coolers for my board but left them at work.

StevenG

Soldato
OP
triple block is for my P6T6 cools the NB SB and Link chip which gives me 3x 16 speed lanes. over the other boards which only have 2.

granted i'll never use the 3rd lane but i got the board cos it looked nice ;)

i've got some more pics to upload tonight got the other MIPS blocks for my mosfets. very nicely made blocks and im shocked they arent more popular.

StevenG

Soldato
OP
MIPS P6T6 TRIPLE CHIP POM is the block you need. be sitting down when you find out how much its going to be. works out around £140 for all the blocks i paid for mine.

damn Euro - £ rate is shocking.

StevenG

Soldato
OP
Finally managed to get a pic of the 3 blocks for my board..

MIPS.JPG

im still waiting on some heatshrink, mght go get some from ******s and pay over the odds for it just so i can start getting some wiring sorted. ive got fans to join together to use with the BIG NG fan controller.

ive just also realised i havent provided you guys with a list of definitive specs yet so here it is.

PC-A70a (white outside black inside, awesom rad cut in the roof) for a quad Feser radiator and customised to take a 240 rad in the front.
Silverstone ST1000 100% modular PSU - braided black (single wires)
ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution fully watercooled by the MIPS blocks above.
i7 920 under a Swiftech GTZ block
2x 4870x2's with XSPC Blocks
3x 500GB 7200.12 Seagate's in RAID0 providing me with 370+ MB/s Read
1x 1TB Samsung for storage
7x Yate Loon high speed fans running on a BIG NG automatic fan controller @ 4v
LG Blu-ray and HD DVD Rom
24" BenQ Screen.

well thats about everything i can think of.

be sure to watch for updates, should have some soon.

StevenG

Soldato
OP
Okay ive got some panels so thought id show you the case.

case4.JPG

case5.JPG

case6.JPG

case7.JPG

case8.JPG

Let me know what you think. the window is actually clear. but the insides of the case make it look black. some blue cathodes should sort that out once i come to getting it all finished up.

StevenG

Soldato
OP
Had a day off today so thought i would try and get as much done as possible.

got a start on the braid as my psu should be back from RMA shortly so i can get cracking on that.

i had some questions about airflow so did some test with a piece of paper to see if it would "float"

anyway here are the pics.

airflow1.JPG

airflow2.JPG

airflow3.JPG

this is where i'll have the BIG NG mounted to control my fans and hide the wires as best i can.

bigng1.JPG

bigngmacro.JPG

quadbraid.JPG

let me know what you think i should have most of the wiring done before the psu gets back so thats all i have left to do.. after braiding that i can finally start getting some of my components in there.

Thanks for reading.
StevenG

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure if i like the white or not, and i am still undecided on the designs of the cut outs on the top panel BUT i do know that this project is going to be good, just from looking at your previous work.

I am following this with interest, i really want my view of this project to be changed.

Soldato
OP
not much of an update but ive done some more braiding, got most of my wires and psu done so just got my molex, 2nd sata and 2nd pcie cable to do but im running low on braid so im going to have to order some more. (went through 32m of it)

hddcage1.JPG

hddcage2.JPG

should have this finished next week just waiting on my delivery of the rest of my braid.

StevenG

Soldato
OP
Million dollar pc anyone?

Looking good, lots of care and time put into that braiding.

well i attempted to get onto there with my last pc but it wasnt good enough so im spending that little extra time with this one in the hope that i'll get on the site along with some other really nice pc's.

thanks for the comment about my braiding (glad someone noticed ;))

you dont realise how much time things like that take. took 1 hour to do a PCIE cable today and another hour to do the sata cables for the hdd rack.

anyway i think its coming along nicely so far, please feel free to comment.

StevenG

Back
Top Bottom