Project: Irrational Exuberance

Soldato
What Omega89 said. Damnit, too late to the party again! ;)
Also, there's no reason you can't (if it helps) screw something like a 90 degree rotary (or non-rotary as you can always rotate the pass-through to change the direction) into the pass-through. Then you get the change of direction and also some clearance from the panel....if you need either of these, that is.

Associate
OP
I got a bit of a surprise this evening. I was digging through the boxes of components that I have ordered over the last month and realised that there was a bit more at the bottom of the box than I expected. As I didn't have the case yet I have simply been opening up the box and having a quick look at things I was interested in then stored it all until it was needed.

You can obviously imagine my surprise when I found all of this at the bottom!

ylWDjcw.jpg

I ordered 64GB of Ram yet have been sent 10 boxes. Not entirely sure what I am meant to do with 40 x 8GB Sticks of 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Ram! I suppose I could create a massive Ram Disk (Not tried that before) or perhaps I could build a model of Stonehenge out of Corsair Ram. :D I could at least have been sent something useful like 10 extra SSDs or a 6950X!

Alternatively if anyone from OcUK is reading this then perhaps we can negotiate the return of your couple of thousands worth of free memory you have sent me in exchange for copious amounts of Harribo. ;)

Associate
OP
What? This is why you got from our warehouse? As a part of a order?

Yep, part of a large order I made a few weeks ago, I ordered 64GB and got all of this its all been sat in the box for the last fortnight, didn't dig down to the bottom as I wasn't ready to build the system until the case arrived this week. Had a few boxes of bits from OcUK over the last month and this lot is in one of them. :eek:

Associate
Yep, part of a large order I made a few weeks ago, I ordered 64GB and got all of this its all been sat in the box for the last fortnight, didn't dig down to the bottom as I wasn't ready to build the system until the case arrived this week. Had a few boxes of bits from OcUK over the last month and this lot is in one of them. :eek:

Can you call up and we will arrange them to be returned to us, don't know what has happened there.

Soldato
Awww, does this mean there's gonna be no underground auction now?! I could pay in Haribo too ;) :p

FWIW Omega89, I like OCUK's new policy of bonus Plat Dom instead of Haribo :D
I would have suggested such honesty was worth a 1080....but he's got enough already! :p Maybe he could qualify early for free shipping?- It's a win-win both ways :D

Associate
OP
Yeah haha thank you very much, I'm sure we could sort out haribo for you

Spoke with CS today, it's going to be picked up on Monday morning so should be back shortly. Hadn't realised the price had gone up post Brexit, really is a couple of thousands worth of excess RAM at today's prices.

Anyhow, back to rinsing out some radiators and testing fans. Will post some more progress on the build shortly.

Associate
OP
Made some progress over the weekend first cleaning out the radiators then starting to mount them to the case along with the fans. With the Parvum L1 you need to mount them as you build it as the next layer of the case covers the mounting holes.

The fans and front 480mm rad mounted:

dYfxJwv.jpg

And with the outside layer added:

4qssNPK.jpg

One of the lower 360mm radiators in position:

SqTwMg2.jpg

Inside the lower compartment, there is not much room to connect everything once at the EK Coolstream XE are mounted. Even with the fans on the outside. Still it will easily be possible, just a bit fiddly. Going to be fun getting the pump in down there as well, considering moving it up top, not sure currently.

UerQ90D.jpg

3N875lC.jpg

Still trying to figure out where to mount the Aquero 6 controller, tempted to try removing the screen and remotely mounting it elsewhere.

Soldato
If you need to remove the screen it works fine, I checked :D I plane to mount mine face down so the fan connectors are facing upwards in a nice accessible fashion. Just once in a while I like to make life easier for myself! ;)

Associate
OP
If you need to remove the screen it works fine, I checked :D I plane to mount mine face down so the fan connectors are facing upwards in a nice accessible fashion. Just once in a while I like to make life easier for myself! ;)

That's good to know, have you tried jury rigging some wiring to remotely mount the screen elsewhere in the case? Tempted to give it a go so I can have the unit somewhere easy to get to round the back and the screen where it can be seen through the window.

Soldato
Yes. Details in my project log. Fiddly though as you need 24 individual wires with 2mm pitch connectors on the end and they're difficult to get hold of. I've got about 200 odd spare though as they over-shipped and ignored communication attempts. Could potentially post you some if you want to send me an SAE. Check out the details first. You'll need a crimper and plenty of spare sanity :D

OcUK Staff
Hey there Neutrino101,

Dont suppose you have the order number for the memory you received?

I need to do a little investigation on this side.

Thanks

Bailey

Associate
OP
Hey there Neutrino101,

Dont suppose you have the order number for the memory you received?

I need to do a little investigation on this side.

Thanks

Bailey

The order number was: OC3119644

If it helps with the investigation it was part of a large order of parts and as I was still waiting for the case I didn't fully check everything in the box when it arrived and even pilled other stuff on top for the past few weeks. It is only when the case arrived this week that I found another 8 boxes of RAM on top of the 2 I had ordered at the bottom of the box. They were still inside the Corsair shipping boxes that contain 5 boxes of RAM each so looks like someone just gave me 2 boxes of 5 instead of 2 individual boxes.

I had already got 2 boxes out to put in the MB a few weeks back and had thought these were loose in the box but turns out a mate who was round trying out the Vive at the time and had helped me unpack had taken them out of one of the 2 big boxes without realising what he was looking at. So they were all shipped from you as 2 boxes of 5 sets of RAM each. Not 2 loose and 2 boxes of 4 as I had first thought.

Both boxes (8 sets) were picked up by the courier today so should be on their way back to you.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
The order number was: OC3119644

If it helps with the investigation it was part of a large order of parts and as I was still waiting for the case I didn't fully check everything in the box when it arrived and even pilled other stuff on top for the past few weeks. It is only when the case arrived this week that I found another 8 boxes of RAM on top of the 2 I had ordered at the bottom of the box. They were still inside the Corsair shipping boxes that contain 5 boxes of RAM each so looks like someone just gave me 2 boxes of 5 instead of 2 individual boxes.

I had already got 2 boxes out to put in the MB a few weeks back and had thought these were loose in the box but turns out a mate who was round trying out the Vive at the time and had helped me unpack had taken them out of one of the 2 big boxes without realising what he was looking at. So they were all shipped from you as 2 boxes of 5 sets of RAM each. Not 2 loose and 2 boxes of 4 as I had first thought.

Both boxes (8 sets) were picked up by the courier today so should be on their way back to you.

Perfect thanks so much for your help and honesty in this instance :)

Thanks

Bailey

Associate
OP
Sorry for the lack of posts the last few weeks, been away for most of it and run in to a few problems during the time I have had to work on the build.

First up I realised that the mounting screws provided with the reservoir were not long enough to mount it to the Parvum case. A minor annoyance but delayed things for a few days whilst I ordered some new screws which obviously when they arrived were the wrong ones. I gave up in the end and drilled the holes out to m4 size to match the incorrect screws I was sent. It was relatively easy to drill holes in the case using a slow speed setting on the drill.

Next up I realised that as I was using very wide radiators in the lower compartment that I needed some 90 degree fittings as the radiators were too close to each other to allow straight connections to fit without kinking the soft tubing, so this added another few days wait for parts. The lower compartment is now finished and all the tubing and pump are connected.

Finally I wasn't happy with the bends on my Acrylic tubing as no matter what I did they were all going slightly flat. Turns out that not all 10mm silicon inserts are equal, the monsoon one I was using is only 9mm when I measured it! Have now ordered the Primochill 10mm insert which should arrive tomorrow so will start the acrylic tubing from scratch this weekend. A word of warning that not all 13/10mm tubing is actually the same size, a trap I fell straight in to on my first Hard tube build. Using 13/10mm parts from different manufacturers is not a good idea it turns out.

A quick picture below to show the build as it is currently, just the new tubing to do and then its time to fill the loop. Also need to tidy up the cables a bit.

cCNx3Ef.jpg

Back
Top Bottom