Project: Juggernaut

Associate
I was in two minds wether to start a Project log or not seeing as my last project over 9yrs ago never got finished and left people hanging.

No I didn't die, just got caught up with other things in life. I know what could be more important.lol

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17541726

Anyway, this build is quite straightforward but thought I would share.

The build will be housed in a define R5 case with no physical mods to the case. Instead I will be doing a full copper pipe custom water cooling loop with some custom plating to the mobo and gpu's.

Full system details

3770k @ 4.5Ghz
Asus p8z77-v Premium
SSD 840pro 128GB and 1TB ssd
EVGA 1000G PSU
16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz memory
2 x Gigabyte G1 gaming 980Ti's

Watercooling & cooling

6 x Noctua NF-F12 Fans
1 x EK FC Terminal Triple SLI Block
1 x EK Coolstream PE 240 Rad
1 x EK Coolstream PE 360 Rad
1 x EK Supremacy EVO Full Copper CPU Block
1 x EK XRES 140 DC 3.2 Elite DDC pump
2 x EK WF3 GPU waterblocks
5Mtrs of soft copper tubing
12 x Bitspower G1/4 by 12mm Compression fittings

More to follow soon with pics.

Associate
OP
Thanks Cenedd!

Here are a few pics just to keep things a bit more interesting... Also note my first WC purchase mistake. Probably not my last! Ordered completely wrong fittings initially but now sorted.

20160319_110806s_zps1fyp8odq.jpg

20160319_111259s_zpsrfawjuhg.jpg

20160319_114139s_zpsz2syrcag.jpg

20160319_131033s_zpsbuojqgpw.jpg

20160320_225328s_zpss6bqhxvq.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
What did you think of the EK PE rads? I had an XE recently and it looked so good in pictures but I was disappointed in the flesh - just felt like they'd boxed a rad. It also smelled like half a farmyard had defacate in the fins. Starting the fans the first time was the worst!...and that was after washing the outside of the rad. Just wondering if mine was the norm or a special gift just for me :D

One question. Why pull on the bottom rad, isn't it less efficient? Probably one of those 'less than a degree' differences, just curious.

Associate
OP
Haha, damn I hate that smell. I'm impressed with the rads in terms of how they look and build wise I'm happy. Not flushed them through yet let alone tried them. Hopefully be at that stage soon enough and I will let you know if they smell like ****

Funny you should mention about the front fan setup. I have switched them to push now, not because I thought it would be better just it allows me to get my EK pump mount and one fan fitted in the bottom of the case.

Sorry about the pic quality on some of these.

20160327_111211s_zpsgax7x8lx.jpg

Fan still needs to be fitted under EK pump mount.

20160327_111311s_zps84metvx7.jpg

Then the more interesting pics. Hopefully.

IMG_2969s_zpsr8gwsuie.jpg

IMG_2977s_zps3whek6sk.jpg

IMG_2976s_zps9rwjwam1.jpg

IMG_2975s_zpsa2lwcxdq.jpg

IMG_2974s_zps2k0pakeg.jpg

IMG_2973s_zpsubkduznx.jpg

IMG_2970s_zpst9hflhyd.jpg

IMG_2978s_zpswibzfla4.jpg

Soldato
That double is almost a perfect height for your block. More of a kink than a bend ;)

I nearly passed out as soon as I opened the box (yeah, alright I'm exaggerating a little) so if you've not noticed by now it sounds like you're ok. It was the outside of mine that stunk so starting up the fans just spread it round the room. Even after washing it in soapy water.

Given that the ports really have to be at the top on a front rad, what possessed EK to put their logo on so it's upside down?! (or maybe it's more sensible on the PE)

Associate
I haven't seen a PC build use copper piping in ages, I'm glad you're using it though as it does look nice (When fitted/bent correctly). Also it's one of the few items that colour matches the standard Noctua fans. :D

I'm keeping an eye on this build as it should be interesting and I look forward to seeing the next update :)

Associate
OP
Cheers, will try and keep on top of this log. :)

That double is almost a perfect height for your block. More of a kink than a bend ;)

I nearly passed out as soon as I opened the box (yeah, alright I'm exaggerating a little) so if you've not noticed by now it sounds like you're ok. It was the outside of mine that stunk so starting up the fans just spread it round the room. Even after washing it in soapy water.

Given that the ports really have to be at the top on a front rad, what possessed EK to put their logo on so it's upside down?! (or maybe it's more sensible on the PE)

Yep, same prob with the logo. I know some companies (cant think at the moment who) supply the labels separately and let you apply the labelling yourself how you want once you have things setup.

Farmyard Themed PC build springs to mind. I can get a "Mooooo" claxon (long story). Anyway I digress. Will try to keep this upto date, hopefully Tuesday I will have what might be the final bits of the WC kit delivered.

Associate
OP
thanks guys :)

Got my GPU waterblocks today just need my bitspower right angle fittings and I can finish the pipework off completely. Pretty simple build but trying to keep some uniformity and not overcomplicate things. Getting some pre-cut copper plate delivered to the exact size of the GPU pcb so I can make my own backplates.

Probably going to all be highly polished and lacquered. Only pipe that looks a bit naff to me is the rear drop from the top rad. I could not get a tight enough radius as it goes 90, 90 in about 2cm. So this is my compromise at present.

Anyway some pics albeit really rubbish ones. Will take something a bit better when its all done. Which shouldn't be too long!

20160329_182140s_zpsnqxplhyv.jpg

20160329_184331s_zps6ngmi19p.jpg

20160329_200156s_zpsxffpco7r.jpg

20160329_200213s_zpsjxihrguu.jpg

20160329_200338s_zpstmfelfmb.jpg

20160329_200333s_zpsq9xqqfdf.jpg

20160329_200245s_zps83ym9c4p.jpg

Associate
OP
Haha, massive flaw in my design. How the hell would I plug the second GPU in?? It just so happens I would need to redo that front pump pipe anyway with a kink to be square and not travelling off at an angle. Best make up that second card.lol

Soldato
Well, the two pipe bending issues are easily solved with 90° fittings but it looks like you've left the pipe ready for those to arrive.

Card issue I think I had the same dawning of realisation that you did. What's he talking about, he can just take the card out and slot the other one it and....oh! :D
Can you come out the bottom of the terminal block, 90° fitting or bend if necessary to avoid PSU and then 45 bend down to a 90° fitting in the res?

Looking promising though. Nothing that isn't fairly easily fixable :D

Associate
OP
Well, the two pipe bending issues are easily solved with 90° fittings but it looks like you've left the pipe ready for those to arrive.

Card issue I think I had the same dawning of realisation that you did. What's he talking about, he can just take the card out and slot the other one it and....oh! :D
Can you come out the bottom of the terminal block, 90° fitting or bend if necessary to avoid PSU and then 45 bend down to a 90° fitting in the res?

Looking promising though. Nothing that isn't fairly easily fixable :D

Still waiting on my right angle fittings. THat bottom pipe is easy to sort just a shame I didn't even stop to think there are connectors there that are needed. Thought I would leave my other 980Ti in my other system until it was needed. Serves me right!

Will get some decent pics up or atleast a lot better pics as I feel quite inferior looking through some of the build threads on here.lol

Associate
Inferior?!?!
Good heavens man, this build is great regardless of the other builds on the form (It makes me jealous anyway :D)

Also, I think the tubing runs will look nice with the 90° fittings to connect the pipe, give the build an industrious look but still keeping it classy :)

Soldato
Ah, so it only conflicted with the PCI-E power cables. I thought it was going to hit the card itself all the way along - hence why I said about exiting from the bottom of the terminal.

Are you going to be polishing the copper pipework afterwards? I think it would look good...but I'm certain it would be a lot of work!

Back
Top Bottom