Project: Juggernaut

Soldato
Looks great. Very nice clean looking build. Really good job with the copper pipes. They look superb, all shiny. Well done!

I quite like the blue to be honest.

EVGA V2 3 way SLI bridge painted black with a custom brown or blue LED? :).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks tyler_jrb, everyone,

What would be a good uv led strip set to buy for this setup? I'm starting to like the mix more and more of blue vs copper so would be good to get my coolant illuminated!

Soldato
Looks great, maybe noctua will copy it for a show build, they could just spray all the black to cream and change the coolant to match the fans completely :)

I think copper and cream grows on ya if ya stare at a noctual fan for long enough, i seem to be fitting lots of brown and cream kitchens recently, i guess them colours go together naturally.

Associate
OP
cheers guys. So far so good and no leaks

sacrilege I know but I currently have a non windowed side panel on. :(

I'm running all 5 rad fans at 700rpm so practically silent and keep that profile for gaming. GPU temps rise to mid 50's after 2+hours and CPU 70ish under full load so not bad for a powerful near silent rig.

Associate
Have to say done a good job there sir, very very good looking without the "ARGH LOOK AT ME" that some water cooling loops end up being.

Nice job :)

Associate
Its EK blocks and pumps that are really good, very smooth and quiet. love the copper pipe bending just for the lols instead of the chrome pipes everyone seems to use.

Associate
OP
System change coming soon..

More copper pipes but with a z270 platform 7700k, 980ti sli and asus formula mobo so hopefully it will look nice against the copper pipes.

Gives me a chance to put my 3770k into a ressurected lian-li v1000 case thats not seen the light of day since 2008! I love nostalgia.

Associate
System change coming soon..

More copper pipes but with a z270 platform 7700k, 980ti sli and asus formula mobo so hopefully it will look nice against the copper pipes.

Gives me a chance to put my 3770k into a ressurected lian-li v1000 case thats not seen the light of day since 2008! I love nostalgia.

What type of copper pipe did you use, soft or semi hard?

Associate
OP
Quick pic or two. New kabylake system same 980ti sli and wc components just top rad spun round and new pipe work to accommodate mobo block and new rad position. I am now able to add a rear fan that will be used as intake. Top rad will have the original noctua's put back on which completely hide the top pipe so it looks even more simple design which is what I like.

Sorry about the quality. Will sort some better progress and build photos soon! I also need a couple of angle connectors for the monoblock

20170220_162130s_zps3r8snjlp.jpg

20170220_162419s_zps73xv9oeg.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
More WIP..

I've managed to keep the loop looking nice and simple - here it is in test form. Flowing the pipework around the motherboard to keep all the mobo details nice and clear. Needs a lot of tidying up and the copper needs to be polished still but wanted to test the rig cpu pre-delidded. I have also used a serial gpu link block instead of a parallelel which was used previously and although cant say 100% that this is responsible for both cards running at the same temp vs previous build where the lower card was a few degrees up but my idle is 26deg on both. Need to get this system working hard to see where it ends up but so far stress tests on the cpu alone show it stays below 72deg.

kabylake @ 5.1ghz, 1.3v
980ti sli @ 1570/2000

Temps are looking really good so far!

wc'd - monoblock, cpu and gpu's using original 360 and 240 ek rads.

Aesthetically I am quite happy except for the noctua's dont sit well now that I have a near black vs copper scheme I am tempted to change to ek vardars.

I'm also on the lookout for windforce 980ti backplates for my two cards but most places are now discontinued.

Rig
s_zpscm7vnil5.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
What would be a good uv led strip set to buy for this setup? I'm starting to like the mix more and more of blue vs copper so would be good to get my coolant illuminated!

I've got a "Cablemod WideBeam Magnetic LED Strip UV Ultra Violet - 30cm" in one of my machines. I can't remember where I bought it, but I can't find it on OcUK at the moment. It gives pretty good UV illumination. The fact that it's magnetic means that I can mount it on the case panel and I don't accidentally rip the cables out when I take the panel off, forgetting that it has LEDs stuck on it.

Alternatively, you could try searching for self-adhesive LED strips on auction sites. They tend to have standard connectors that clamp on the end and you should be able to buy or make a SATA or Molex power connector that fits them.

Aesthetically I am quite happy except for the noctua's dont sit well now that I have a near black vs copper scheme I am tempted to change to ek vardars.

Noctuas are lovely fans, but I can't think of a colour scheme they do sit well with. Unless you're going for the 1970s orange and turd brown look.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've got a "Cablemod WideBeam Magnetic LED Strip UV Ultra Violet - 30cm" in one of my machines. I can't remember where I bought it, but I can't find it on OcUK at the moment. It gives pretty good UV illumination. The fact that it's magnetic means that I can mount it on the case panel and I don't accidentally rip the cables out when I take the panel off, forgetting that it has LEDs stuck on it.

Alternatively, you could try searching for self-adhesive LED strips on auction sites. They tend to have standard connectors that clamp on the end and you should be able to buy or make a SATA or Molex power connector that fits them.

I've ordered some 5050 rgb strips should be delivered this evening. My motherboard has two rgb headers to link directly to and control the colour from the asus aura software.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Tested out the rgb strips. Still need to order some backplates that I have managed to source and a general tidy up of the wiring. Would be good to do something about the sli bridge too at some point.. Still testing the rig out at the moment. Tempted to delid my 7700k despite temps not being bad. Just curious to see if it makes any difference on top of what I already have at the moment..

Quick pic.. sorry not much I know..

IMG_4431s_zps10ek1t1g.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just ordered a delid tool for the kabylake...

So far I have pretty decent temps but always tempted to take cooling and overclocks to the nth degree..

Currently CPU - 28-30 idle / 60-72 highest load

Will try and sort some decent pics of this system and the build up soon.

Back
Top Bottom