Project: RAW Chomper

whos a happy bunny.. i am :D

The replacement ASUS P8P67-M Pro by neilgates, on Flickr

Now why didn't I spend the extra £30 on this board to start with?

Mmm blue. by neilgates, on Flickr

Moar memory = win.

Black with a Vengeance... by neilgates, on Flickr

Bolted back on for the 4th time this build?

Alpenfohn Panorama. by neilgates, on Flickr

Still think some SFF case manufactures should consider cable management..

SFF Case - Cable management = Messy. by neilgates, on Flickr

Fortunately it all vanishes pretty well..

As if by magic.. by neilgates, on Flickr

Power supply back in. by neilgates, on Flickr

It's aliiiiiiiiive..

BRUM! by neilgates, on Flickr

And I've got a working 16Gb system :cool:

small update, added the vipers as my last connected to the lian li supplied controller.

also removed the lower HD cage as it wasnt needed, replaced the 4650 with a XFX 5770, the plan being after xmas to uprate the PSU and add a 2nd in x-fire and/or watercool it.

will add up to date photos this weekend.

Throughput is good, it's the main storage at home so can be being accessed for hd movies while also accessing music or editing high res raw photos etc at any one time.

I did toy with the built in DLNA service but my iPad couldnt cope with the Hd files I have over wireless, I did experiment with re encoding a couple and it worked really well but decided to stick with avplayerhd for the iPad and just accessing a share for Vlc player on the htpc

pics as mentioned..

swapped the 4650 out for a 5770, pretty nice jump in performance. MW3 plays a lot nicer..

Graphics Upgrades by neilgates, on Flickr

and the viper fans installed, have taken the lower hard drive cage out too for better airflow..

Back together with the Vipers by neilgates, on Flickr

going to need a larger PSU in the long run had a warning about a drop on my 5v line yesterday.

oh and i moved the whole thing out of its cubby onto the desk for better cooling..

New Home by neilgates, on Flickr

Can squeeze a little more in there just yet..

Added a second 5770 and swapped out the 480w BeQuiet for a 750w OCZ.

Crossfire install by neilgates, on Flickr

Wondering if it was the right move though, the top card doesn't get much ventilation and runs pretty hot and loud.

Crossfire install 2 by neilgates, on Flickr

I wish PSU makers would have an optional SFF cable kit, surely there must be a market for them? I guess there is the custom cable route.

Crossfired up and running by neilgates, on Flickr

silverstone make them for their strider psus, you could try a spotcool fan to lower temps?

thats a good shout, might look into that :)

Very nice and well planned/laid out! Gaming on a Plasma?

thanks, its about as well laid out as it can be with no cable management :D

not at the moment, but its not exactly hard to move it the 5m from the spare room to the lounge :)

after selling my NAS recently to contribute towards my new car fund, I have been looking for a new project for when my TJ11 is completed.

a fileserver is on the cards when the price of storage becomes a bit easier to swallow, seeing this project log has set me on a speccing rampage coming up with nas specs.

your SFF systems look great, i want one now :(

Back
Top Bottom