Project: RAW Chomper

replaced the twin 5770 crossfire this week, while it was good the problem in the m-atx case/board as you can see from the last pics was cooling on card #1. a lot of the time even under medium load it was ramping up the fan..

so introducing the sapphire 7850..

Bye twin 5770, hello 7850 by neilgates, on Flickr

has a bit more poke too, things are a bit smoother on a few games. plus some people have manage to clock them with another 50% performance (approx a 7950) easily so thats something to look at if i get bored..

think thats probably as far as i'll take the build in this incarnation, unless i drop some money on a striped set of SSD :geek:

well theyre in..

i do like the black brushed alu finish :cool:

Samsung SSDs Mounted by neilgates, on Flickr

these things are genuis too, will be a permenant part of my toolkit (didnt use it in this instance though, used windows imaging)..

USB/SATA DeviceIntel SSD Kit Contents by neilgates, on Flickr

someone remind me not to get a SFF again though, working on them is a pain in the arse.

HDD Cage Reassembed by neilgates, on Flickr

initial thoughts..

bit snappier over the old vertex1, boot time has dropped by 8s. ran a WEI for giggles and everything is maxed out at 7.9 now other than the CPU and memory.. :confused: :D

bench from the samsung software..

Samsung 830 Bench by neilgates, on Flickr

the vertex prep'd for its new home..

Old Vertex Rehomed by neilgates, on Flickr

Not mind blowing but currently undergoing a small refresh in trying to quieten up and tidy the cables.

The plan is to replace the Vipers with Nocutas and a Aquaero 5 controller, and replace the Alpenfohn with a blow through rather than blow down to try and get rid some heat quicker.

Probably wasn't helping that the filters were clogged :D

OMNOMNOM.. by neilgates, on Flickr

With the aid of some double sided sticky the SSD are now up under the blu-ray and it works really well..

Snug as a bug. by neilgates, on Flickr

Tidy. by neilgates, on Flickr

Dropped the 1Tb 3.5" so removed the HD cages and deployed a tonne of P clips screwed into the threads to try and tidy things up a bit..

P-Clip Crazy by neilgates, on Flickr

The Aquaero will be hidden up behind the blu-ray, it was a tad longer than the metal on the 5.25" bay so had to blu-peter it up a touch..

Like a glove. by neilgates, on Flickr

PCI blanking plates, double sided sticky and some tin snips..

Perfect! by neilgates, on Flickr

Noctua NF-S12B FLX and NF-P14 FLX fans installed..

Noctua NF-S12B FLX and NF-P14 FLX installed by neilgates, on Flickr

Noctua NH-U9B SE2 installed, panicking about the height a little but the height matches the highest that Lian Li recommend..

Noctua NH-U9B SE2 Installed by neilgates, on Flickr

Clears the RAM, just, with the front fan slid up a touch..

Noctua NH-U9B SE2 Dry Fit Clearance by neilgates, on Flickr

Nice and tidy V354 (well, as tidy as its ever going to get)..

Tidy V354 by neilgates, on Flickr

Got the Aquaero sensors on VRM, Southbridge, RAM and Case ambient (up near the SSD). Also got software sensors from Open Hardware Monitor looking at CPU, Motherboard and GPU.

Got the fans set up and controller curves in place, I think theyre roughly right but a weekend of stress testing will tell.

AquaSuite Fans by neilgates, on Flickr

AquaSuite Sensor Curves by neilgates, on Flickr

Really impressed with the Aquaero, kinda nice with no case fans whirring away at idle..

chart1 by neilgates, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom