Project: Two storey/part single storey side and rear extensions

Soldato
GvJ8s4N.png

Looks very nice indeed, however I would have taken that bent tree down.

Soldato
Does the ivy kill it? I have been trying to keep on top of my Ivy but the stuff is relentless.

Yep, gets hold and will, eventually kill the tree.

Don't, whatever you do, try and pull it off, it will damage the bark / tree

Cut all the way round a few feet off the ground and at ground level. Ideally cut out / dig up as much of the ivy root as you can

Once the ivy has died and dried out it can be safely removed

Soldato
Yep, gets hold and will, eventually kill the tree.

Don't, whatever you do, try and pull it off, it will damage the bark / tree

Cut all the way round a few feet off the ground and at ground level. Ideally cut out / dig up as much of the ivy root as you can

Once the ivy has died and dried out it can be safely removed
Top man thank you very much (y).

Is there anything to stop it spreading on the ground? My neighbors garden is unkept which means it is a futile battle.

Soldato
Top man thank you very much (y).

Is there anything to stop it spreading on the ground? My neighbors garden is unkept which means it is a futile battle.
No probs at all and sure eebe had this convo before :p

Stopping it spreading, I'm not so sure, just keep ontop of it S it starts to grow up (your) stuff it where it comes into your garden:)

Soldato
Associate
Reference ivy. It’s gorgeous to look at. Relatively easy to keep on top of, but leave it for a season and it’s relentless!! In on my 8th tonne bag of the stuff to the tip. Probably another 5 or 6 to go. Neglected the garden and the boss is now on the case….

Reference ivy. It’s gorgeous to look at. Relatively easy to keep on top of, but leave it for a season and it’s relentless!! In on my 8th tonne bag of the stuff to the tip. Probably another 5 or 6 to go. Neglected the garden and the boss is now on the case….

Yes like most rhizome type plants, bamboo, bindweed, knotweed they are all the same, easy to deal with in small outbreaks and capable of some dormancy then again sudden bursts.

Unfortunately by the time your aware its normally too late, your into medium infestation and the only way to deal with them is constant knock back and treatment.
If they originate from outside your boundary you have no chance your down to treating the symptom and not the cause.

Associate
Yes like most rhizome type plants, bamboo, bindweed, knotweed they are all the same, easy to deal with in small outbreaks and capable of some dormancy then again sudden bursts.

Unfortunately by the time your aware its normally too late, your into medium infestation and the only way to deal with them is constant knock back and treatment.
If they originate from outside your boundary you have no chance your down to treating the symptom and not the cause.
Fortunately it’s our side… quite surprising how the single skin brick wall - just shy of 100 years has actually stood up to it. About ten years of growth I reckon. On the upside - we’ve recovered another 20sqm of garden back!!

Back
Top Bottom