Project Whurple - White/Purple Watercooled Build - Changes to 3d printer build!!

Soldato
Just knocking it back together, going to change the cord on her model O mouse (yes i got her a purple one), then give it a quick clean and ill post up how she looks now :)

Also guess what... The rad now clears the ram at the top of the case :D :D The entire system will now get a rework!! :D

This also clears space for another 2 fans at the front of the case.
Well that's a nice bonus with the rad
Looking forward to the pics :):)

Soldato
Love the purple mouse and keyboard cords nice touch
Everything looks immaculate unlike my
PC room lmao
Only 1 thing stands out as not immaculate in that photo lol
The cutting in of the paint in the corner of the room
Just catches my eye as everything else is
So perfect lol

Man of Honour
OP
Love the purple mouse and keyboard cords nice touch
Everything looks immaculate unlike my
PC room lmao
Only 1 thing stands out as not immaculate in that photo lol
The cutting in of the paint in the corner of the room
Just catches my eye as everything else is
So perfect lol

There are also a couple of chips in the paint down this side of the room where i keep knocking things into the wall. My painting skills need some work thats for sure!! Normally the keyboard is bluetooth but it needed to be plugged in for the setup in the new board. So far im happy that the wife is back up and running for work tomorrow.

She wouldn't have been happy back on a 14/15" laptop over wifi, there had been a marked difference in the amount of being annoyed at the work setup since changing over.

Soldato
Even when you are a practical person
Cutting in paint can be a pita
Especially if the corner of the wall isn't
A nice sharp angle
I used to have a friend who sadly died
He used to buy and flip property
He could fit a whole kitchen and bathroom from scratch everything would be absolutely
Spot on
Yet he couldn't cut in paintwork or hang
Wallpaper so always got me to do it
Always struck me as weird he was so
Practical but couldn't do those

Not that the corner of your room is a big
Deal lol
It just caught my eye as everything else is so spot on
And yeah bet she's happy I use laptops
If necessary but it's just not the same
As having my desktop pc

Man of Honour
OP
Even when you are a practical person
Cutting in paint can be a pita
Especially if the corner of the wall isn't
A nice sharp angle
I used to have a friend who sadly died
He used to buy and flip property
He could fit a whole kitchen and bathroom from scratch everything would be absolutely
Spot on
Yet he couldn't cut in paintwork or hang
Wallpaper so always got me to do it
Always struck me as weird he was so
Practical but couldn't do those

Not that the corner of your room is a big
Deal lol
It just caught my eye as everything else is so spot on
And yeah bet she's happy I use laptops
If necessary but it's just not the same
As having my desktop pc

It's funny you say that as I can wallpaper but can't cut in to save my life. I tend to run frog tape and hope for the best :D Mostly it doesn't work out as demonstrated :) Wallpaper though.. no problem :D I even knocked off the artex and plastered the ceiling in the hallway myself. I hate paying for things I can do myself, or learn to do myself. That is often my biggest downfall.

I had to do and learn a lot in this house. I learned to fix walls that were falling down, plaster, all kinds... I even turned this:

Into this:

And it cost next to nothing, about £500. It's just patience, time and motivation. That's literally all you need. And yes it took seemingly a lifetime to tile that back wall with the small tiles. It is also a lot harder than you would think to do an entirely random tile placement. Feels good when you finish a project though. That was about a month to do that bathroom in just evenings and the odd weekend. The hallway was about the same.

Last edited:
Soldato
Likewise if I think I can do something myself I will give it a go
Though nowadays a few prolapsed discs
Make doing any DIY very difficult
Which is so frustrating when done it all
Your life
But yeah in theory wallpapering that and
Especially plastering that ceiling
Should be miles harder than cutting in
Some paintwork
You are obviously a very practical guy
So struggling with a bit of cutting in is
Just one of those weird things that
Happens, can't be perfect at everything
I guess lol
Never bothered taping I just use an angled sash brush and seem to have the
Knack of cutting in luckily
Not having a nice straight line on cutting in is something that can really catch the
Eye

Man of Honour
OP
Likewise if I think I can do something myself I will give it a go
Though nowadays a few prolapsed discs
Make doing any DIY very difficult
Which is so frustrating when done it all
Your life
But yeah in theory wallpapering that and
Especially plastering that ceiling
Should be miles harder than cutting in
Some paintwork
You are obviously a very practical guy
So struggling with a bit of cutting in is
Just one of those weird things that
Happens, can't be perfect at everything
I guess lol
Never bothered taping I just use an angled sash brush and seem to have the
Knack of cutting in luckily
Not having a nice straight line on cutting in is something that can really catch the
Eye

Gonna have to put some artwork up and a corner shelf like my corner of the room. Once all that is done ill try and be lazy and cut in around with a small brush. That is how it normally goes down and I don't doubt it will be the same here!

Man of Honour
OP
Been doing a couple of benchmarks and this little 3600 is actually an upgrade on the 2700x or matches it in most things. Not bad at all.

Soldato
The Bathroom/toilet wall tiling is nice mate
Makes a change to see it done randomly
Instead of a repeating pattern
Done a fair bit of tiling only time I found it
A bit of a problem was when it was old
Victorian walls and they wouldn't pay
To have it made good before tiling
Some people don't seem to understand
Preparation is important to get a good
Result

Man of Honour
OP
The Bathroom/toilet wall tiling is nice mate
Makes a change to see it done randomly
Instead of a repeating pattern
Done a fair bit of tiling only time I found it
A bit of a problem was when it was old
Victorian walls and they wouldn't pay
To have it made good before tiling
Some people don't seem to understand
Preparation is important to get a good
Result

prep was everything, I spent a week pulling everything out. pulling up layers and layers of **** stained flooring and wallpaper, I'm not even kidding when I tell you the old toilet was filled with cement and cemented to the floor. I literally took to it with a sledge hammer :D

I took pictures :D

I love looking back through all this stuff, it reminds you why you do what you do. Plus... The cats where kittens around this time so every other photo is an adorable kitten photo:

:D:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah it's great to have pictures of before, during and after
And the kittens cute as **** too lol
Looks like a tiny version of my old fat tabby lol
Can go one better than sledgehammer to a toilet though lol
Years ago I had to remove 42 cast iron baths lmao
Too heavy to lift so had to stand in them
And ring them like a bell with a sledgehammer till they shattered
The good old days lol

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah it's great to have pictures of before, during and after
And the kittens cute as **** too lol
Looks like a tiny version of my old fat tabby lol
Can go one better than sledgehammer to a toilet though lol
Years ago I had to remove 42 cast iron baths lmao
Too heavy to lift so had to stand in them
And ring them like a bell with a sledgehammer till they shattered
The good old days lol

AMD Accepted my RMA <3. Huge respect given I told them exactly what went down. I hope this speed and support isnt simply because I have a contact and raised the RMA from my business account. If this is standard levels of support then that is fantastic work.

Just got an update and they have even pre paid the postage for me.. Nice!

Last edited:
Soldato
AMD Accepted my RMA <3. Huge respect given I told them exactly what went down. I hope this speed and support isnt simply because I have a contact and raised the RMA from my business account. If this is standard levels of support then that is fantastic work.

Just got an update and they have even pre paid the postage for me.. Nice!
Nice, especially since you were up front
About it
Lot of people break stuff and think it's their right to rma it and pretend it wasn't them broke it
So respect to you and to amd

Man of Honour
OP
Nice, especially since you were up front
About it
Lot of people break stuff and think it's their right to rma it and pretend it wasn't them broke it
So respect to you and to amd

They were well within their rights to tell me to do one. In fact, I expected that but clearly they are customer centric enough that they know stuff like this breads good will. My guess is exactly that, ain't nobody going to be complaining with exceptional after sales service.

In fact im likely to recommend their products more based on this experience so far.. they do still have room to mess it up though so lets not get too excited!

Soldato
I'm late to the party but I've caught up :D So how long do we think it'll be before these two projects collide and there's an import 20krpm mill spindle mounted on the 3D printer gantry and it's spitting out custom water blocks?!

Man of Honour
OP
I'm late to the party but I've caught up :D So how long do we think it'll be before these two projects collide and there's an import 20krpm mill spindle mounted on the 3D printer gantry and it's spitting out custom water blocks?!

That might be some time yet. I keep getting snowed under with work, take today for example, left for London at 8 as I needed to meet one of our partners there for a change over of some hardware. On route I got a distressed call from an ex colleague who has set up on her own and I contract for who also now has a broken laptop, so I went up with one spare machine and come home with 2. I got back home at 2 ish, finished up with normal work. Popped to post office to get a members market item sent and then jumped onto this other machine... it's now 11.25pm and that machine is toast, so I needed a machine that can legacy boot windows 10.

I spent about an hour on 2x HP 745 g4's that I have laying around as spares thinking you can legacy boot 10 on them... not a chance, so now I have had to boot it in my spare gaming laptop (6700hq / gtx970 6gb) to get them up and running for a project they need to finish. Seriously having 100 people all over the show and a team of 3 supporting is a little bit of a nightmare. Tie that in with my other clients and right now I'm spread massively thin.

The two guys that I manage do what they can but right now everything is getting shipped to my house and i've had to make significant system changes to our telecoms, core infrastructure and just generally the way everything works so getting back up to normal sorts of workload seems miles away right now.

Last edited:
Soldato
They spoil you with two helpers?! ;) It's an odd time in the IT world - seems to be either dead quiet or manically busy. I'll throw in a comedy curveball for you. We've got one user working from home that's going to move.....to Bulgaria! That'll be a support joy!

Back
Top Bottom