Project Whurple - White/Purple Watercooled Build - Changes to 3d printer build!!

Man of Honour
OP
They spoil you with two helpers?! ;) It's an odd time in the IT world - seems to be either dead quiet or manically busy. I'll throw in a comedy curveball for you. We've got one user working from home that's going to move.....to Bulgaria! That'll be a support joy!

Technically it is 3 but one is a dev and only does dev work so I have two support staff a dev and myself. We are in the crazy busy camp for sure. It's like having a million satellite offices where nobody knows what they are doing.

Man of Honour
OP
Well, at least 50% of that is normally par for the course, no?!
I wish you luck. If you need any help on things that can be outsourced, give me a shout.

I guess there is an element of that to it :) I mean we are probably a bit special in that we have dumped our office, moved everything into a DC (colo), migrated our isdn to SIP, new firewalls & a network redesign. So yea that over a period of 3 weeks to meet the end of our lease was a bit mental. I just hope that we start to calm down a little bit now and get back to some sort of normality.

Man of Honour
OP
AMD said:
Your return processor has successfully passed the inspection and your replacement product is now approved.

Massive props to AMD, hooked me up like you wouldn't believe. That is some service!!

Seen as that is done i'll let you in on a little secret... Somehow when i was boxing it up i bent a ton of pins.. 2 mins with a credit card and not even AMD can tell :p

Man of Honour
OP
You naughty boy lol

Its a secret. Shhh. I still have no idea how I did it but after inspecting it 2 rows at the edge were bent over, whipped out the old plastic and straightened them up, for final straightening i then used the socket. Cleaned the whole chip up with ipa and sent it on its way. 1 day it took them to approve and ship a new one.

Soldato
G
Its a secret. Shhh. I still have no idea how I did it but after inspecting it 2 rows at the edge were bent over, whipped out the old plastic and straightened them up, for final straightening i then used the socket. Cleaned the whole chip up with ipa and sent it on its way. 1 day it took them to approve and ship a new one.
Uess using your credit card to straighten
The pins
Saved using it to buy a cpu lol
1 day is really great service

Man of Honour
OP
G

Uess using your credit card to straighten
The pins
Saved using it to buy a cpu lol
1 day is really great service

I bought a new one anyway. But I have already got a buyer for the 2700x. Doing my mate a deal on it and the replacement board. Cpu and board for £100. Super special deal.

After all is said and done ill only be a few quid out of pocket given all of it is being replaced. Just glad i picked the right vendors. Had any of the kit been asus or a vendor like that it would have been game over.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Would be great if all companies worked
Like that
That's pretty exceptional service

you are not kidding:

My mate is over the moon that he is going to get this for £75 and a board for 25, he is still rocking an old bulldozer so this is a big upgrade for him. Couple it with some memory (16gb 3200) I have bought him from china and its an entire platform upgrade for £140. Im not sure you can beat a 2700x, b450 and 16gb 3200 for that price.

Man of Honour
OP
He's getting a great deal
and yeah from a bulldozer to that he should be really happy

Forgot to say think you forgot to leave trust for the fans I got from you :)

Not me - Dunno what you are talking about :p Just updated it :) Just got off the phone to asrock... Jokers are saying 8 weeks to process an RMA and force you to go through the original vendor. Jokers, I probably wont buy asrock boards in future and will be back to Gigabyte. 8 weeks... lol!

Man of Honour
OP
Lol you look guilty
Thanks mate 2 positive looks way better than 1 did lol
8 weeks ouch
Bit different from the AMD cpu experience

Corsair matched AMD... 3 day turn around but without the comms (impressive but not AMD levels of inpressive)... asrock you jokers... support your damn products in the same way your piers do!!

Back
Top Bottom