Project Whurple - White/Purple Watercooled Build - Changes to 3d printer build!!

Man of Honour
OP
13 days is timely, not late :D

Besides, I had to work through a week ban and not faffing about on forums at work given I've not been at work for 3 weeks.

I will let you off :)

I have masked up more of the case for cutting and i'm pretty sure I should be seeing more bits over the next few days. I need some longer screws and bolts but really I need to see what the cover plates look like and clearance on radiators when that gets here before I decide how the mount will look for the drives, i'm also thinking I'll have 4x500gb 2.5" drives in raid only because I already have the drives and think it will look cool.

Associate
I will let you off :)

I have masked up more of the case for cutting and i'm pretty sure I should be seeing more bits over the next few days. I need some longer screws and bolts but really I need to see what the cover plates look like and clearance on radiators when that gets here before I decide how the mount will look for the drives, i'm also thinking I'll have 4x500gb 2.5" drives in raid only because I already have the drives and think it will look cool.

What RAID level are you going to go with??

Associate
If I go with 4 disks Ill go with raid 5. Also because you asked so nicely:

Thank you for answering the RAID question.

And that bad boy is looking super cool! You can't notice the riser cable with it like that either! I especially like the ram as well! Thank you! :D

Man of Honour
OP
Thank you for answering the RAID question.

And that bad boy is looking super cool! You can't notice the riser cable with it like that either! I especially like the ram as well! Thank you! :D

That was 2 fans up front, one up top and one in the back. I am not sure on the final fan configuration until I can get the water cooling in. Hopefully that won't take too long as there isn't much more to do now.

Man of Honour
OP
I have purchased the cheapest air cooler money can buy to get it up and running while I wait for the rest of the parts. Cant help but find out a little bit about the memory.

Associate
I have purchased the cheapest air cooler money can buy to get it up and running while I wait for the rest of the parts. Cant help but find out a little bit about the memory.
Haha! Thank you! I've got my fingers crossed it ends up being something epic like Samsung B-Die or something equally awesome.

Man of Honour
OP
I love it how the purple and white on the memory looks like blue-violet. The memory looks a different colour at the bottom. :)

Sweet move!

The memory cant be controlled yet so that was at an opportune moment when it was doing its rainbow light up thing it does. Not sure what the scheme wil be when it is built. Ill at least be able to set it up in the week and wait for the cooling, just looking at what monitor I want atm so the good lady can have my samsung.

Looks great dude. Pleasing colour combo too.

Cheers dude. We shall see what it looks like when it is done. Still the hard bit to go.

Man of Honour
OP
Ohhhh...

Do you see what I am planning? The question is do I wire up one of the internal usb headers to power a load of LED's behind these. Would mean a custom circuit but could be fun. So long as I can find a 5v I have everything I need.

Last edited:
Associate
Ohhhh...

Do you see what I am planning? The question is do I wire up one of the internal usb headers to power a load of LED's behind these. Would mean a custom circuit but could be fun. So long as I can find a 5v I have everything I need.

Yes do it!! Wouldn't be any fun without custom circuits right?

Man of Honour
OP
Yes do it!! Wouldn't be any fun without custom circuits right?

It's the same circuit I am using anyway so I have all the parts apart from some clear LEDs. If I destroy a header for an old case or something i can wire LEDs directly off of internal USB headers to make it really clean.

I think the thing to do is give it a test... just need some white/purple LEDs

Man of Honour
OP
Ahh man what a day. Don't think ive been this busy with work for years. Can't complain though, just tired... Might use these in raid as i appear to have loads of them (found 7 unopened boxes and i dont need that many)...

Associate
Looking good mate
White cases are so much better for showcasing leds than black cases eagerly awaiting more updates:)
I agree! I think that black cases also show the dust more easily. I'm debating what colour P600S case to get as well. The Mrs says not white, so that leave black or gunmetal grey, I really can't decided :(. Black is easy to see dust according to my current case and I'm not sure if grey will look outdated in a few years time. Decision decision....

Soldato
I agree! I think that black cases also show the dust more easily. I'm debating what colour P600S case to get as well. The Mrs says not white, so that leave black or gunmetal grey, I really can't decided :(. Black is easy to see dust according to my current case and I'm not sure if grey will look outdated in a few years time. Decision decision....
I went for gun metal grey
As no white version of the luxe2 ~719 sadly

Man of Honour
OP

Ignore the mrs and get the white one. Job done. Get spray paint and literally spray everything! Tell the mrs to stay well back and watch the magic happen... Take 3 months doing it, Divorce! :D

Back
Top Bottom