Project Whurple - White/Purple Watercooled Build - Changes to 3d printer build!!

Man of Honour
OP
Any pressies arrive today?

They did!! Im working right now though so haven't updated the thread. It's a crazy time to be the head of IT at any company, its been totally manic but glad to say everything is holding up like an absolute champ and the entire business is remote working. :cool:

I still have about 10 packages making their way to me over the next x number of days and todays delivery was something small.

Man of Honour
OP
Impressive you've got everyone working remotely without a hitch!

Was the pressie anything exciting today which you can update us on :D

I made this, do something:

It now does this:

And is going to be used for this:

Using this stuff:

Then I remembered this also came so it's having its first coat:

Associate
:eek: I thought you made the pcb control all the colours on the laptop for a moment as I didn't scroll down far enough ahaha! That CPU epoxy looks ice cold! :cool: Do you use a temp control soldering iron for that?

How many coats will you give the heat sink? Looking good!

Man of Honour
OP
:eek: I thought you made the pcb control all the colours on the laptop for a moment as I didn't scroll down far enough ahaha! That CPU epoxy looks ice cold! :cool: Do you use a temp control soldering iron for that?

How many coats will you give the heat sink? Looking good!

Nope I just used a standard cheap iron for that. plenty of flux, tinned up the pads and away I went. It's just a simple 5v blue Led circuit controlled by micro usb. The usb will be set in the wooden base. To be honest though im not sure I like the less clean look of it now than what I had before. I may sand it back.

And I recon the sink will need another coat at least before it is ready. The white is also very slow to dry so you need to take plenty of time between coats. The trick with any painting is prep, then lay down a dust coat wait a minute then lay down a slightly thicker coat. Wait until it's sort of tacky then give it another coat and it should come out lovely. Always leave a problem to dry. It's when you chase it when it is wet that you get issues.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
A processor of suitable size for a womans PC has landed, here she is alongside a 'man sized' cpu and some more purple cables:

I wish the rest of it would hurry up and get here.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Just thought I should also report that I know the machine boots :D That means the memory works, the gpu works, cpu works... everything works. :D

Back
Top Bottom