Proper VM Coax

Soldato
Do you want some? I have some left over from my old house when VM were NTL. It's a particular type, try google I don't know the name.

Associate
OP
lfihx.png

There we go, I didnt have to login.

Soldato
You need to get a new modem, VM stopped giving out Scientific Atlanta's about 4 years ago. Ring them up and tell them your modem is ancient.

They should then send you a shiny new Ambit 255/256 modem free of charge.

Soldato
You need to get a new modem, VM stopped giving out Scientific Atlanta's about 4 years ago. Ring them up and tell them your modem is ancient.

They should then send you a shiny new Ambit 255/256 modem free of charge.

You're probably thinking of the Motorola Surfboard, the SA is a Cisco modem (replaced the Ambit's) and it was only superseded by the Hub/Super Hub.

As long as the coax cable used is R6(R59 if you have to)/HD100 then you shouldn't have any problems. As PistolPete said, it's probably an issue elsewhere.

Does it appear to be capped at 300kb/s or does it fluctuate throughout the day?

Best bet is to get onto the cableforums.co.uk forums and ask on there, plenty of VM/NTL/Telewest engineers that'll be able to help you.

Associate
OP
Ah nevermind guys, I thought their was a problem but their isnt its the damn seeders, XD, sorry guys :S.

One more question the other day i checked my speed on speedtest.net and it went to like 19Mbps -/+, and the max speed i can get is 1.1MB/s

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Ah nevermind guys, I thought their was a problem but their isnt its the damn seeders, XD, sorry guys :S.

One more question the other day i checked my speed on speedtest.net and it went to like 19Mbps -/+, and the max speed i can get is 1.1MB/s

Probably caused by Internet Security software.

Can't type for toffee
Don

You can't use torrents to guesstimate your speeds :p
Only as fast as the slowest connectiona nd all that jazz :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You're probably thinking of the Motorola Surfboard, the SA is a Cisco modem (replaced the Ambit's) and it was only superseded by the Hub/Super Hub.

As long as the coax cable used is R6(R59 if you have to)/HD100 then you shouldn't have any problems. As PistolPete said, it's probably an issue elsewhere.

Does it appear to be capped at 300kb/s or does it fluctuate throughout the day?

Best bet is to get onto the cableforums.co.uk forums and ask on there, plenty of VM/NTL/Telewest engineers that'll be able to help you.

Buy some foam shielded Webro WF100. Vastly superior to RG59 and R6.

Back
Top Bottom