(PS4:2017) Everybody's Golf

Soldato
OP
That's showing the ground slope where your ball is sitting which can affect your strike. Your "sway" level minimises the impact of this as it decreases.

Huh? Isn't the ground slope on the bottom right corner?

This sway is just a random thing that will happen even if you hit PI. Has happened to me too but as you level your clubs, it becomes more manageable.

Soldato
Just got this and enjoying the single player. I don't have a PS Plus account and wondering what do I get in terms of multiplayer if I get it. I can play online at the moment but it just seems like a general ranking and can't play any players on screen 1 on 1.

Soldato
Unlocking the 2nd course seemed like a bit of a grind. Don't know who thought that would be a good idea. Enjoying it in general, a nice relaxing game to chill to.

Unlocking each course is a grind tbh, I'm a casual player and don't mind taking my time but do find you have to play the same courses time and time again with or without mirror.

Soldato
This is my new favourite game and after getting my first 4k tv last week I decided to get a PS4 Pro at the weekend. Have to say I was surprised at the difference the Pro made over the original PS4 on the 4k tv.

As to unlocking courses being a grind, it means your playing golf and surely if you're into golf and golf games then that's the idea and fun?

Associate
Ok, does anyone know anything about this little bit down in the bottom left?

qx6puv.jpg

I find that if I make a perfect impact, then the dot in this image can be way over to any side. Equally I've completely made a hash of my timing and this dot has been dead centre. Or anything in between!
Basically what I'm saying is that this dot seems to have no bearing on anything you do!?!?!

Does anyone have a clue?

This has frustrated me from the start. Perfect impact seems to mean less than previous games.
It would appear from discussions online, that this maybe "broken". The Control stat is supposed to reduce the amount of sway, and the white bar does indeed get smaller as your control improves, yet perfect impact still does not guarantee a centre strike. If this has been added as a "feature" its beyond stupid.
Also, try to avoid using backspin. When using backspin, even with perfect impact, the dot above is even more random & all over the place.
Try to use topspin when chipping/pitching around the green. You will chip in much more.

Reached rank 7 last night and despite the above, I am really enjoying the game.
For those struggling with the grind, make sure serious mode is enabled. The comps are still more than winnable if you play smart/well.

My only real gripe is the VS characters being too easy. Only one character has taken me past the 5th hole, which has been a bit of a disappointment.
I am hoping the revenge characters get a bit tougher.

Ventured briefly onto the open course last night. Shot 12 under for 9 holes and finished miles down the leader board. Which I expected TBH.
Will use the open course to max my clubs stats. Once I get PS+ again, I will try and get online for a game.
Not got into collecting coins or gems yet. Custom clubs looks like it could get expensive.
I once got into Shot-online too deeply and wasted a ton of real money.:(

Associate
I could be mistaken, but pretty sure your power, control stats etc. carry from club type to club type.
I am at around 60% club level at Rank 7. I Only use Pinhole or Infinity.
Each set of clubs does have a grade though. These are increased by winning tournaments/defeating characters.

Soldato
AFAIK they level individually, I just stick to one set of clubs, maybe I'll need a better set come lvl 6&7, we'll see. I don't bother using any of the other balls either, just stick with standard.
Cool thanks.

Just realised how to do backspin. The wording as "moment of impact" isn't very helpful as its on the 3rd press rather than the actual impact. Ah well lol.

Associate
Thoroughly enjoying this great fun. Only 2 criticisms would be it's too easy (even on serious mode) and the grind to unlock the extra courses is a bit much. I've lost count how many times I've played each course! Love it overall though

Soldato
Still enjoying this game.
Nice to blast through a few rounds now and then, but I really can't come to terms with the thing I mentioned previously. The "sway" shown at the bottom left of your screen under your club.
If they added this element of uncontrollable randomness to a game that requires perfection in aiming/timing/reading the wind then that's just retarded. :(

Checks hole
Checks wind and corrects
Checks elevation and adjusts power accordingly
Checks lie of the ground for potential crazy bounce and adjusts
CRACK !!! Perfect timing.

Wait... WTF... why has my ball just wanged all the way over to the side?
Ohhhhh right.... I see.... thanks random feature :(

Soldato
Can anyone help me in the way of custom clubs ? I paid 50 gems for a set so if I use them now do they level up like my other clubs did previously or do I have to use more gems to upgrade them ? Seems a right slog to earn/find gems to upgrade...

Associate
Can anyone help me in the way of custom clubs ? I paid 50 gems for a set so if I use them now do they level up like my other clubs did previously or do I have to use more gems to upgrade them ? Seems a right slog to earn/find gems to upgrade...
Its a late reply, but gems or real cash are the only way to upgrade. Since the big update, you can get 4 gems for a rank 7 tourney win, plus plenty of free gems on the online courses.
Have a look on the GameFAQ website board, for more details. Upgrade power above everything else. All your normal stats are carried over to your custom clubs.
All the other stats don`t give enough benefit. You need around 360 yds of power with driver if you are bothered about completion of the game

Good to see there is now international tournaments appearing. Not sure yet on frequency, but it add a whole new level to the game, as clubs and settings are all set in stone. So its a level playing field.
Only one chance to qualify for finals, only one entry if you qualify. No need for PS+ either.

The other reason for my post.........................

I got PLATINUM :D:D:D
Took me 2 hours on Saturday to get the 3 condors required to unlock the last character, who was a breeze to beat :(.
Got my 4 year old daughter to catch all the fish. She loved it :D

Soldato
Its a late reply, but gems or real cash are the only way to upgrade. Since the big update, you can get 4 gems for a rank 7 tourney win, plus plenty of free gems on the online courses.
Have a look on the GameFAQ website board, for more details. Upgrade power above everything else. All your normal stats are carried over to your custom clubs.
All the other stats don`t give enough benefit. You need around 360 yds of power with driver if you are bothered about completion of the game

Good to see there is now international tournaments appearing. Not sure yet on frequency, but it add a whole new level to the game, as clubs and settings are all set in stone. So its a level playing field.
Only one chance to qualify for finals, only one entry if you qualify. No need for PS+ either.

The other reason for my post.........................

I got PLATINUM :D:D:D
Took me 2 hours on Saturday to get the 3 condors required to unlock the last character, who was a breeze to beat :(.
Got my 4 year old daughter to catch all the fish. She loved it :D

Thanks for your reply, totally forgot I asked. Funnily enough I got my first Albatross today, need to start going online and collecting free gems as I’m just sticking to the single player tournaments atm.

Back
Top Bottom