PS4 worth getting?

Soldato
Hey guys
Well im going on holiday in few months and want to get the PS4 cos its cheaper,however I am a bit concerned on the reliability of the console. Has it improved in anyway cos I did have a PS3 tht I loved playing but it had disc read errors and replaced blu ray drive and gt so annoyed I sold it after about 16 months. There are games that are impressing me like Driveclub and 1886 New Order. but dont't know what to do plz help

Thanks

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
For me it's a firm No.

1. I have GT6 & Glitched a Bazillion cars & have the garage of an oil sheik, Lose it all if I go PS4.

2. The joysticks on the new controller are Tiny & I have massive hands, Playing Fifa 14 on my mates 4 my thumbs continually slip off them. Not prepared to do the learning curve & lose my GT6 garage yet.

3. Cost of games are a Rip & there's not enough titles that I want.

I plan on getting a 4 eventually but when there is a bigger choice of games & loads of 2nd hand bargains to be had.

Man of Honour
From a reliability point of view my PS4 is rock solid, so I have no issues recommending it on that basis. Assuming there are games you want to play now, I would say to buy one. If you're after Driveclub and The Order I would recommend waiting until the games are out, you'll probably save a bit of cash that way.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Why would you lose it all? You don't have to give up the PS3 and GT6 to get a PS4. I've still got my Xbox 360 set up alongside my XB1 and PS4 so I can play my old games.

This is what my mate keeps saying/Nagging but there's no games I want, I only play Fifa14 & GT6 & WSB, I need more Titles to grab me & pull me into over coming the new Tiny Joysticks.

h91

h91

Associate
Personally I'd wait until there are games for it that I want (tend to be exclusives). At which point the price should've come down a bit hopefully. I'm only now tempted to get a Wii U for some of the games that are coming out for it soon. Lack of native backwards compatibility would've helped sell it but that isn't there because of the change of architecture. Even then I mostly get PC games now. Only reason I have a PS3 was because it was a Xmas prezzie.

C64

C64

Soldato
Get an xbox one instead as you just know even with pay only psn sony wont be putting any money in to improving or expanding their servers and support.
Psn will always be laggier and have laggier people i don't know why it just seems to have the most laggers online.

Will give you an example I watch fifa 14 streams on twitch every otehr game I see played on ps4 is laggy 9/10 on xbone don't appear to be that laggy.
I know it's peer to peer but still explain how ps4 seems laggier ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Get the Last of Us package if you've not played the Last of us, its shaping up to be classic PS4 game ported from the Ps3.

Ps4 are fantastic games consoles, you can use BBC iplayer and netflix etc, but they are primarily (and good IMO) designed to run games. The PSN is though having some troubles of late, its not the lag i've noticed, its the outages - its been fairly poor recently and the only chink in the armor so to speak of an otherwise fairly solid games console.

Soldato
There's an internet phrase that needs to die if ever there was one.

I'm going to get a PS4 when AC:Unity is out, can't wait for that.

I'd have hoped he was just taking the ***. I've got a PC and I don't class it as master race at all but its a phase that is banded about a little too much.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I'd have hoped he was just taking the ***. I've got a PC and I don't class it as master race at all but its a phase that is banded about a little too much.

It is the use of a Nazi term that I don't like, it is hateful and offensive. I used to post on the Battlefield forums and never went back to them because of 'Master Race' threads and the bullying/hate associated with.

Associate
The ps4 from what I can tell is ready to receive a lot of love in the last quarter of this year, I think sonyonline alone announced in E3 2014- 24 free to download and play games still to arrive on ps4 including Planetside 2 and H1Z1, other developers also announced games for the last quarter of this year so its looking like ps4 will have more than enough titles by the end of this year.

Soldato
This is what my mate keeps saying/Nagging but there's no games I want, I only play Fifa14 & GT6 & WSB, I need more Titles to grab me & pull me into over coming the new Tiny Joysticks.

The thumb sticks are the same size if not bigger on the PS4, the controller feels so much better?

How could you possibly find the PS3 controller better to play with?

Associate
I'd always recommend waiting until there are enough games that interest you that can justify the purchase. Have a look into what games are available and upcoming, read reviews etc and try to imagine how many hours of enjoyment you'll get out of the console right now and in the near future. It's going to be different for everybody depending on what kind of games you like and what platforms you already own.

Although it's only been 8-9 months, I haven't read about any major recurring hardware issues with the console yet (or any of the new consoles for that matter), but as with any electronic device there's always going to be a small chance you could get a bad unit - in this case the warranty is going to cover you for a year anyway.
My feeling is that the build quality of the PS4 is definitely better than that of the initial PS3 batches - though it sounds like you had some bad luck with your PS3 GTO656.

Back
Top Bottom