Psu upgrade for my motherboard

Man of Honour
i think i need a better cable. did a test on userbenchmark and it says relative performance 0% percentile. Ensure that the drive is connected to a sata 3.0 port with a sata 3m0 cable

bench shows terrible 6.58% lol

You'd need a very old cable to throttle the drive, try CrystalDiskInfo.

Associate
OP
thank you for all your help, i used crucials software to clone the hard drive, after it cloned it said to unplug my hard drive from my pc but obviously i want to keep it. I thought i would have to go in bios and select ssd as boot drive but it seems to have changed it byitself.

shall i now reformat my hard drive so its empty?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
crucial mx500 1tb

i have downloaded crystaldiskinfo, what do i need to look for on it?

If you have a look in this review here:

Scroll down a bit on the page (to the CrystalDisk screenshots) and you can compare their results with yours. Obviously make sure the disk is idle (or close to idle) when you run it.

shall i now reformat my hard drive so its empty?

I have never used their software, so I don't know how it works. But, if your drive is still complete then no, I would keep the data "as is" for at least 30 days.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have never used their software, so I don't know how it works. But, if your drive is still complete then no, I would keep the data "as is" for at least 30 days.
Agree with this. I would unplug the old HDD and make sure the system works as expected with just the SSD connected. This should tell you everything works.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Agree with this. I would unplug the old HDD and make sure the system works as expected with just the SSD connected. This should tell you everything works.
so far so good all is working well. Only issue after cloning was graphics card was showing as disabled due to some error. I deleted it and reinstalled drivers and its all fine. Booting up much faster now.

Now looking at power supplies. Someone is selling one local to me corsa cx750m semi modular with cables. Will this work with my motherboard?

Might just get it for time being and then upgrade the graphics card

Man of Honour
Someone is selling one local to me corsa cx750m semi modular with cables. Will this work with my motherboard?

Yes, but, if I remember right, the CXM PSUs are rather inconsistent quality depending on which model you get. Personally, I'd try to buy something new with a long-term warranty (10 yr), since a decent PSU can last you several builds.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yes, but, if I remember right, the CXM PSUs are rather inconsistent quality depending on which model you get. Personally, I'd try to buy something new with a long-term warranty (10 yr), since a decent PSU can last you several builds.
or i have seen evga 850 80plus gold fully modular. If that works with my motherboard i will be able to use it on future build

Man of Honour
Evga 850gq is all it says

It looks reasonable internally (review), but it's not great (THG found it was efficient, with decent quality components, but they didn't like the ripple) and could be 7 years old at this point.

Can you really not afford a new one? Of all the things to buy used, a used PSU would be the last thing I'd buy.

Associate
OP
It looks reasonable internally (review), but it's not great (THG found it was efficient, with decent quality components, but they didn't like the ripple) and could be 7 years old at this point.

Can you really not afford a new one? Of all the things to buy used, a used PSU would be the last thing I'd buy.
cheers i will save up for a new one and probably go for the ones you mentioned before.

Associate
OP
so bought a new 750 bequiet psu, waiting for it to be delivered.
ive also seen a gtx 1060 6gb, just wondering if any gtx 1060 will work as i noticed some have one fan, some have two. the one ive seen has gigabyte written on the fans, others have evga or msi. whats the difference?

Man of Honour
ive also seen a gtx 1060 6gb, just wondering if any gtx 1060 will work as i noticed some have one fan, some have two. the one ive seen has gigabyte written on the fans, others have evga or msi. whats the difference?

You might find them here (noise and temperature is at the bottom):

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom