PSVR 2, anyone interested?

Soldato
Got to play with one today on a GT7 on the PS5, yeh, I'll stick with my Q3 thanks, you can pry my pancake lenses from my cold dead hands before I'll go back to fresnel.

Soldato
Is psvr2 that bad? I only have gt7 on ps5 atm, so only game I’d miss out on if I went quest 3.
Not in the least, it's just hard to go back to that sort of image from the pancake lenses and super clarity I am now used to in the Quest 3, you have to take it all with the consideration that I am comparing an image output by the PS5 versus my 4090 running godlike mode in virtual desktop, I've no real idea of how the image would look when powered by a decent pc but my initial impressions were it had a lot of very obvious chromatic aberration and mura, text which I would have expected to have been able to read without issue in the Q3 was bad enough that I was having to lean in to read it and the lack of clarity outside of the sweet spot was quite off putting having had the super clarity of pancake lenses for so long.

Soldato
shame they could not get eye tracking working on it, given that is available in other pcvr headsets.
Personally i would not go out of my way to buy one as a pure pcvr headset......... but if i already had one, or i had been on the fence of getting one for the psvr2 exclusives, this would be a very nice cherry on the cake.

Last edited:
Soldato
shame they could not get eye tracking working on it, given that is available in other pcvr headsets.
Personally i would not go out of my way to buy one as a pure pcvr headset......... but if i already had one, or i had been on the fence of getting one for the psvr2 exclusives, this would be a very nice cherry on the cake.

Not just eye tracking.

No HDR, headset feedback, eye tracking, adaptive triggers, and haptic feedback (other than rumble).

Soldato
Not just eye tracking.

No HDR, headset feedback, eye tracking, adaptive triggers, and haptic feedback (other than rumble).

I wonder if this is a software block. Can't have PC gamers getting a better experience that PS5 owners can we? If the sensors are there then they can be accessed by the driver.

Soldato
So basically it works, just without most of the features that make the headset more desirable?

Yep, makes it less attractive as a PC only headset. Looks like it's a pretty basic Steam VR experience. No bells and whistles. Really it means the only advantage the PSVR2 has over other decent PCVR headsets are the OLED displays, and thats without HDR and with mura.

Back
Top Bottom