Poll: Public emergency alerts to be sent to all UK mobile phones

Did you receive the Alert?

• Yes

Votes: 134 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 103 43.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
The deliberate lack of information provided by the Government over exactly what specific situations these alerts would be broadcast out for (rather than the worthless "may get" statement provided so far) is a direct cause for many people switching them off and I don't blame people for doing that.

If the Gov want people to do something they have to explain why its beneficial and, as always, the Gov (irrespective of party) uses the most worthless of PR to pass on their message, leaving people confused and untrusting of something which "may" be of actual benefit in the future.

Information -----------> https://www.gov.uk/alerts

Which was incredibly difficult to find using yoghurt cartons, string and double sided tape.

Associate
When I unlocked my phone to shut it up the message disappeared and it seems there is no way to read it after that. I would have thought it should end up in messages so I could read what it actually said (I mean am I dodging a nuke or a giant meteorite here)

Transmission breaker
Don
When I unlocked my phone to shut it up the message disappeared and it seems there is no way to read it after that. I would have thought it should end up in messages so I could read what it actually said (I mean am I dodging a nuke or a giant meteorite here)
Or you could, erm, turn on the TV or check the Internet, or ask someone else who is nearby.
I mean it did it's job to alert you, so you can then, I dunno, actually check what else is going on?

Soldato
The message is in the alert history section of the Wireless Emergency Alerts section of my phone settings

Associate
according to News papers you need to be on 4G/5G with Mobile data ON, so its pointless system
if a disastar happens
3G users die
2G users die
people at home with only wifi on die
Why not just send and SMS :cry: it work everywhere

Only need a Sim card in the mobile to receive the alerts, no need for data or wifi.

Back
Top Bottom