Purchasing Land (Farmer)

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Hi, we're interested in buying a little bit of the field next to us, so couple of q's. The field next to us currently has a mortgage on it, so I think we'd need to get a release of charge from the mortgage company. I'm guessing you're fields you bought didn't have any mortgage on them so was more straightforward? What exactly did the solicitor do? Is it something you could have done yourself?

No idea sorry, the land i had was freehold. It was owned outright and had no monterey value owed to anyone. I suppose you could technically do everything your self, however dealing with land is fairly complex. I wouldn't want the hassle for the sake of £600 quid.

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Update II*

The work starts Monday (22nd Aug). We have 2 mini diggers; around 35 ton of type 1 and 20 ton of bark arriving with 25 timber sleepers for some wall work (plus a cool idea for a slide). It has taken forever as process was halted as we decided to purchase another house, that unforutntley fell through. As such, we have made the decision to stay at this property and build a huge extension that starts in Jan.

To recap: All in all i have secured just over 100 sqm from the farmer. It was across two parts of land; the blue was originally under the developer who failed to transfer the deeds upon house completion. This has now been resolved.

mkbLfBF.png.jpg

I also have it confirmed on the official copy of the register of title:
  • The land adjoining the parts tinted green on the title plan has the benefit of rights of entry for the purpose of carrying out landscaping and planting of trees or shrubs on such adjoining land reserved by transfers of the said parts tinted green on the title plan.

• The land adjoining the parts tinted green on the title plan has the benefit of rights of entry for the purpose of removing, replacing, erecting or re-constructing of the boundary markers, walls and fences of such adjoining land reserved by transfers of the said parts tinted green on the title plan.

cok2KaZ.png

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Looks great, I think possibly a good thing you didn't wind up moving, looks like a nice house/location to me :)

Jury is still out. It is a fantastic location, the houses we looked at did not hold a patch on the garden and surrounding area. However, we simply need a bigger house. We are working with an architects now, to have a large double extension that is going down the route of being largely glass in an apex (full house height) so the bedrooms and bathrooms all look out over the forest.

Soldato
Jury is still out. It is a fantastic location, the houses we looked at did not hold a patch on the garden and surrounding area. However, we simply need a bigger house. We are working with an architects now, to have a large double extension that is going down the route of being largely glass in an apex (full house height) so the bedrooms and bathrooms all look out over the forest.

Extension could be a good shout.

Be careful with a lot of glass, can act as a heat trap in the summer depending on direction of the windows and the sun.

Back
Top Bottom