Purplebricks Question

Soldato
you can't in order to get onto rightmove you need some sort of agent.

you can't just stick your own property up on rightmove by yourself.

and if you aren't on rightmove then nobody will be interested.

Where in Marky's post did he mention Rightmove? He specifically said putting a sign up, which you can do. I also know many people who have had success buying and selling properties in this manner, as well as just marketing themselves online (not on Rightmove etc...)

Your incessant failure to comprehend posts (deliberately?) and trashing threads as a result is so boring.

Caporegime
Where in Marky's post did he mention Rightmove? He specifically said putting a sign up, which you can do. I also know many people who have had success buying and selling properties in this manner, as well as just marketing themselves online (not on Rightmove etc...)

Your incessant failure to comprehend posts (deliberately?) and trashing threads as a result is so boring.

because 99% of houses get sold through ads on rightmove. doing it ant other way would be severely limiting your market so much it likely won't sell unless in a very sought after area.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
because 99% of houses get sold through ads on rightmove. doing it ant other way would be severely limiting your market so much it likely won't sell unless in a very sought after area.

Exactly - I don't know anyone (and I'm at an age where almost everyone in our group of friends has bought in the past nine months) who found their place anywhere other than Rightmove.

Caporegime
Exactly - I don't know anyone (and I'm at an age where almost everyone in our group of friends has bought in the past nine months) who found their place anywhere other than Rightmove.

exactly and you can't get on there without an agent. good luck sticking a sign up saying for sale though. yes you can do it. in reality though you would have to be stupid to do so unless you are in a very sought after area where people will be driving past a lot.

like seriously who would drive about looking for a for sale sign when you can check every home for sale on rightmove.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Yeah :( when we were selling my Gran's house there was someone who really wanted that specific property and were prepared to pay over the odds to get it if necessary - the moment the estate agent found out they were prepared to throw a bit of money around they lied to them and told them it was off the market and tried a hard sell on a tatty overpriced property they were (probably) having trouble shifting - fortunately they managed to contact us directly.
Not at all surprised, i really hate them. This sort of crap is borderline acceptable when it comes to throwaway sales of day to day items, but with houses they are materially messing with peoples' lives. Really annoys me. :(

Back
Top Bottom