• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Q3 2022 - NVIDIA Gains 88% Market Share Hold, AMD Now at 8% Followed By Intel at 4%

Soldato
I'm surprised but not surprised at the same time. I mean Radeon is the go to option if your budget is between £200 to £500 range as it offers IMO the best value. On the other hand you get the likes of Linus and other Techtubers constantly touting the benefits of Nvidia's latest and greatest consumers are trained to think all those benefits applies across the whole product stack, hence the mind share.

Soldato
still holding onto ddr4 lol , wont be surprised once AM5 boards get cheaper which is only matter of time and start seeing them pushing sales further , still suprised seeing 7600x and 7700x being ahead of 12th / 13th gen on best sellers on one of the big retailers

Last edited:
Soldato
For about 2 years, every card made was selling immediately. AMD therefore made very few if there share before this year was so low.

Not surprised at Q3 as nvidia cards have crashed in price.

Last edited:
Soldato
still holding onto ddr4 lol

Yup. Find me a 2 stick set of 64GB DDR5-6000. It’s a large expense and the performance drop when gaming at 4K with DDR4 is only a few percent.

Don't think you read the room correctly. No one is taken in by your bias.

AMD offer no competition at the low end. 12100 - 12400, B660-D4, keeping yourDDR4 is your bang for the buck upgrade.

Caporegime
OP
Intel are the king this time round for bang per buck. Only reason I went from a 5600x to a 5800x3d as it worked out better bang per buck than going a new platform, had it not been for that 3d chip, would have got a 13600k

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup. Find me a 2 stick set of 64GB DDR5-6000. It’s a large expense and the performance drop when gaming at 4K with DDR4 is only a few percent.

Depends on the use case 64gb for gaming ? I thought that much is generally for productivity ? That's where ddr5 should show difference , my next build will be on ddr5 platform I wanna keep this system for years and will be am5 primary use gaming and having the option to drop in zen5/x3d later instead of having no option going intel

Waiting on x3d and hoping b650e prices get better by that time, can get 32gb ddr5 6000 cl32 for around £200 I paid more for 32gb ddr4 3600 at the time

Last edited:
Soldato
The current extortionate gpu prices pioneered by Nvidia should be telling people to wake up and smell the coffee but I suspect most Nvidia fans will be overjoyed when AMD leaves the gpu market altogether. The high end gpu's are eventually going to be out of the average gamers price limit sadly.

Soldato
A big problem AMD has had is that the performance has been inferior to Nvidia. That apparently changes this generation with the RX 7900XTX having a significantly better performance than the RTX 4080 and being cheaper to boot.

Soldato
A big problem AMD has had is that the performance has been inferior to Nvidia. That apparently changes this generation with the RX 7900XTX having a significantly better performance than the RTX 4080 and being cheaper to boot.

This was the first generation of GPU, that I remember at least, where AMD publicly admitted that they can't compete with Nvidia's flagship (4040). That must have hurt to admit to.

So, this generation is worse than the previous one. At least the RX6000 series beat the 3090 in some titles.

Soldato
This was the first generation of GPU, that I remember at least, where AMD publicly admitted that they can't compete with Nvidia's flagship (4040).

AMD haven't competed at launch time for a long time but this time around their RX 7900XTX handily beats - in raw horsepower at least - the RTX 4080. Sure the 4090 is a long way off but that's way more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom