• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Q3 2022 - NVIDIA Gains 88% Market Share Hold, AMD Now at 8% Followed By Intel at 4%

Associate
This was the first generation of GPU, that I remember at least, where AMD publicly admitted that they can't compete with Nvidia's flagship (4040). That must have hurt to admit to.

So, this generation is worse than the previous one. At least the RX6000 series beat the 3090 in some titles.
There has been a few generations like that. AMD had no flagship in HD3xxx series nor in HD4xxx series. HD 5xxx was the return of true flagship.Then 6950 arguably was not a flagship either(that was 'tesselation moment' where old GTX480 was beating it)

Last edited:
Soldato
I expect to see the price of the 4080 reduced savagely after the RX 7900 GPUs get released and performance figures are fully out.
I just hope that people have some sense and still won't purchase the 4080 as a reminder to Nvidia not to **** the consumer. But who am I kidding :p.

Last edited:
Soldato
There has been a few generations like that. AMD had no flagship in HD3xxx series nor in HD4xxx series. HD 5xxx was the return of true flagship.Then 6950 arguably was not a flagship either(that was 'tesselation moment' where old GTX480 was beating it)

That's going back almost over 15 years, ever since then AMD has released a flagship that's competed with AMD's flagship.

Back
Top Bottom