Q9650 E0 Testing

Soldato
Just got a Q9650 tonight to have a play with :)

FPO L822B363
Pack date 8/13/08
VID 1.2375

Ive been very happy with my E8600 but i may have to keep this. My big problem is my mobo, i cant boot with over 465 FSB evem with a lower multi. I may have to try a P45 board.

Not been running long, but looks promising. Smokes my old QX9650 which took 1.45 to be stable at 4Ghz.

Last edited:
1.26v for 4.1ghz, good effort on the overclock :D
you upped the NB voltage much? might be worth trying that if you haven't already to get higher fsb.

(i'm assuming you have 465 on stock nb is unlikely!) ;)

Nice! Well all my parts have arrived now so will build over the weekend.

My Q9650, which I recieved around 2 weeks ago.

FPO L825B338
Pack date 09/02/08
Vid (Will find out soon enough)

looking good dude:D

What cooling you running?

Running a d-tek fuzion and tc 120.3. My water cooling is in poor condiiton atm, really needs a service. Im sure this temps would be achievable on good air from what ive seen with other Q9650's of this batch.

1.26v for 4.1ghz, good effort on the overclock :D
you upped the NB voltage much? might be worth trying that if you haven't already to get higher fsb.

(i'm assuming you have 465 on stock nb is unlikely!) ;)

NB is at 1.51, i think these x38's are too clever with 45nm quads.

Looking to get one of these....did you get them from OCUK ?
Would be nice to know which batch they have ;)

I got it from over the pond. Nice price too, nearer the Q9550. :)

gonna get a P5Q delux or Maximus II and hopefully get 500FSB+

Nice clock but really can't see why a 6% rise in clock speed over the Q9550 and the 9x multiplier are really worth over 60% more on the price :confused:

Nice clock but really can't see why a 6% rise in clock speed over the Q9550 and the 9x multiplier are really worth over 60% more on the price :confused:

I agree, i wasnt trying to sell it to anyone, it was just for people interesting in overclocking these, i.e in the overclocking forum.

Though ive not seen many huge clocks with the Q9550's ? Maybe these are binned higher ?

Probably the stepping, check here: http://processorfinder.intel.com/List.aspx?ParentRadio=All&ProcFam=2774&SearchKey=

The Q9650s are all E0 but the Q9550s are mostly C1, there are some E0 parts floating about but they're hard to come by. I've seen impressive results from the E0 Q9550s too but that extra 0.5x multiplier is what I'm after, myself. Going to get a Q9650 in the next few weeks, mostly for the guaranteed E0-ness, thanks for the results.

Last edited:
Fair enough, if you've got the cash to burn and want an E0 then why not? :)

Personally I'd wait until the E0 Q9550s filter through, although I have no need for a quad and will continue with my 4Ghz E8400 for a good while yet :)

Ordered one of these to replace my low vid Q6600 with one of these :)
Like the sound of an easy 4.0Ghz, even though i'll not notice the extra speed ;)
Just fancy a change and i like the higher multiplier compared to Q9550 too.

Ordered one of these to replace my low vid Q6600 with one of these :)
Like the sound of an easy 4.0Ghz, even though i'll not notice the extra speed ;)
Just fancy a change and i like the higher multiplier compared to Q9550 too.

They are nice, i just wish my motherboard would hit 500FSB. I sort of fancy 4.5Ghz now 4.0Ghz is so easy :)

Run some stabilty testing today.

Last edited:
Just ordered a Q9650 to replace my Q6600. Could not resist with the price I got it for! :D

Will serve me just fine for the time being until the i7 prices come down over the next year.

Will be interesting to see how far I can push my Maximus board with this chip, never went any further than 450fsb (which was completely stable with my 6600) and im sure I can get more fsb out of it.

If I can get to around 4.2Ghz that would be sweet!

:)

Last edited:
Just ordered a Q9650 to replace my Q6600. Could not resist with the price I got it for! :D

Will serve me just fine for the time being until the i7 prices come down over the next year.

Will be interesting to see how far I can push my Maximus board with this chip, never went any further than 450fsb (which was completely stable with my 6600) and im sure I can get more fsb out of it.

If I can get to around 4.2Ghz that would be sweet!

:)

I think the maximus may be holding mine back, i want to try a P5Q but Im running crossfire.

Back
Top Bottom