• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

QA Consultants concludes that AMD has the most stable graphics driver in the industry.

Caporegime
200.gif

Associate
I liked this bit...

Commissioned by AMD, QA Consultants used Microsoft’s Windows Hardware Lab Kit (HLK) to conduct a 12-day head-to-head test comparing AMD and Nvidia graphics drivers.

So the company AMD hire to bench their drivers advise they are better? Lol

Either way, they probably are, not overly impressed with Nvidia drivers.

Soldato
Just support the brand you prefer ?

If you like AMD then buy there products or if you prefer Nvidia just buy theirs.

Compairing drivers....what a sad state of affairs lol :D
Agree. I suspect AMD have put a lot of effort into improving theirs and want some pay off by commissioning a comparison to prove they've improved.
Unfortunately people will be sceptical when one company pays for the testing to be done.
Also, I've not experienced a driver related hang or crash with NVidia drivers that I'm aware of, for a long long time. If the hangs and crashes are not something we will find then who cares? Also software systems have bugs, just that "hopefully" under normal conditions the user does not find them.
What conclusion do I draw? In fairness to AMD I think they've probaby put a lot of effort into theirs. Of course this test would need to be repeated yearly (one off tests are usually a bit of a waste of time), and , I'm sure there are flaws in the results/ testing methods. This could course mean AMD even further ahead, who knows.

Ultimately both are crap as it really should have been 100% pass rates :p.
I still remember the days when AMD cards couldn't play movie files smoothly and even remote desktop wouldn't work. I had to get rid of one card as it was crucial to me at the time. Stuff like that should work from day 1. Granted that was a long time ago but it still leaves bad memories.
Did try an AMD card recently though and seemed pretty good, including driver side of things. Was actually tempted to try a vega for the workstation card but left it for now.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Just support the brand you prefer ?

If you like AMD then buy there products or if you prefer Nvidia just buy theirs.

I don't support AMD as a brand. I support quality products. If tomorrow, a company, let's say, 3Dfx or Matrox releases products which are better than Radeon, then I will consider them.
Until then, the only way is the Radeon way.

Associate
I'm tenterhooks with anticipation of Adored TV's ranting video on this subject showing unbiased journalistic integrity at its very best...............................

Soldato
It makes perfect sense that AMD would go down this route. Still to this day people spew out that AMD drivers are poor compared to Nvidia yet we know this ain't true. They are arguably better but at least on par so anything they can do to improve the view point of the masses is worth spending some money on. Any how i reckon many reports could come out saying the AMD drivers are more stable but the majority would still keep on bashing the drivers because it's stuck for so long now.

Soldato
OP
It makes perfect sense that AMD would go down this route. Still to this day people spew out that AMD drivers are poor compared to Nvidia yet we know this ain't true. They are arguably better but at least on par so anything they can do to improve the view point of the masses is worth spending some money on. Any how i reckon many reports could come out saying the AMD drivers are more stable but the majority would still keep on bashing the drivers because it's stuck for so long now.

Agreed! This very much, people are so stuck in the past history of AMD drivers that all they see if the bad and not the good what has happened over the years.

Soldato
All I can say is I really miss AMD's control panel since switching to Nvidia and it's improved greatly in terms of features since I was last using the R9 390X in early 2017.

Both AMD and Nvidia drivers have been equally stable for me (very).

Caporegime
The fact that AMD feel the need to 'commission' such a report only goes to reinforce their inferiority complex imo (instead of letting the results speak for themselves).

Associate
So I have an Nvidia card nowadays and I've never had an issue with their drivers. I've had many AMD cards and never had any issues with their drivers either. I expect were I to switch to AMD, although not likely anytime soon as I have a G-Sync monitor, but I expect I'd also have no issues with their drivers from nowadays.

Just sayin' ;)

Caporegime
The fact that AMD feel the need to 'commission' such a report only goes to reinforce their inferiority complex imo (instead of letting the results speak for themselves).

How can they let the results speak for themselves if nobody does this kind of test in the first place? "Bad drivers" is something that's always locked into peoples minds and even today people will still say amd drivers are bad when that's not the case. It used to have merit years ago but its something that continuously surfaces when the average gamer is asked about it. They have a geforce because "amd drivers suck" or something along those lines.

Back
Top Bottom