Quake II RTX

Man of Honour
Minor update out - not much to get excited about as mostly just neatening a few things up - but has a couple of minor fixes I contributed :D

Maintenance update that includes the fixes and features introduced in the past year.

Highlights:

- Added a player flashlight (use "bind <key> toggle cl_flashlight" to bind it to a key)
- Fixed multiple compatibility and stability issues
- Fixed some texturing issues
- Reduced visual noise and flicker in some conditions
- Tuned some visual effects like full-screen blend and particles

Though the flashlight effect can be fun to play with.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This was just some quick and dirty messing about so it isn't that great but the renderer itself is capable of so much more than the stock maps, or the geometry and texturing limits really of the engine, allow for.

XK3spFm.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
LOL pretty janky as I'm no artist (should have just licensed something from SpeedTree) and was just a quick test to see what was possible but one of the recent updates included texture masks so thought I'd have a play - previously the engine was very limited for transparency other than percentage transparency for the whole texture.

qdHuJTD.jpg

Unfortunately alpha sorting is still crazy on performance and fill rate so limited what you can do with it really.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
LOL RIP framerate

KDi2sKk.jpg

Getting anything even approximating a realistic looking hedge in there was painful... mostly just placeholders while I figure stuff out though the trees look pretty janky up close and the hedge has no branch or leaf variations.

Back
Top Bottom