Quest 3 accessories thread

So I’ve ordered a TP-Link AXE5400 router. This isn’t to replace my existing R7800 router (which is the other side of the house and works solid) but to add a WiFi 6E network in my ‘man cave’.
I have Ethernet cable going to my cave that goes to a gigabit switch. So I replace the gigabit switch with the AXE5400 and my PC plugs into that. My Quest 3 then has nice strong 6E signal. That sound sensible?

Aw crap, sorry I just realised that I misread your post. I thought it was the ASUS AX5400 you had. I also though I was better at multitasking lol

Bought a AMVR face plate/mask and some rubbery grips. Vast improvement over everything.

Had a splurge on Ali-express as well on the GoMRvR cheap as chips with all the strange coins I have no understanding off, only £20 so worth a look.

Just got a Maecker K3 Elite Strap (for free :)). I did buy a non-battery Maecker strap a few months ago but returned it because as soon as I picked up the headset the knob adjuster would move and reset to its original setting, which I found really irritating. This one doesn't do that though so that's good and the built in 6000mAh battery is nice as it means I don't have to strap a power bank to the headset. Comfy fit too. Now all I need is a new facial interface and maybe some camera lens protectors and I'm all good :)

Most of the halo straps can quickly and easily be converted to elite stylie straps, by sliding the Quest 3 side arms as far as they'll go into the side brackets of the halo strap, and then removing the velcro attached forehead pad from the headstrap, so that all of the pressure is now on the facial interface and not the forehead.

KIWI design Comfort Battery Head Strap 6400mAh £59.99​

Now available on the rainforest. I don't know which is the best and most comfy out of the Kiwi, the Aubika and the Binbok battery straps. The Kiwi is the cheapest but the others have 8000mAh batteries.

Reactions: SPG
Mrs bought me proximat as it more. It's effective than putting a hole in the wall apparently. Daft as it's sounds a great bit of kit.

I'm not going to vouch for the quality of the VR products.... just putting this out there.

:cry:

It's a vibrator ...

Erm, where are you putting your hand controllers exactly?
50743141726_ec3ab89e9b_o_d.gif

Mrs bought me proximat as it more. It's effective than putting a hole in the wall apparently. Daft as it's sounds a great bit of kit.
A thick mat that allows you to physically tell when your feet leave the VR space? or is tehre some special functionallity im not seeing?

It's just a thick rubbery mat with a center and north point you feel with your foot. Nothing you can't do with a rug from IKEA and bottle top. It's very nice spongy though so quite comfy in bare foot.

Hello... just got the VR... reviews a bit random on amazon... any recommendations on a golf stick for golf+ ? there are very expensive ones but are the cheaper ones any good?

It may be worth purchasing a cheap golf stick as there may be issues with the hand tracking conflicting with the controller tracking. Jump to 19:24 in the video.
You may be able to disable hand tracking in the settings so that all the inputs are taken from the controller.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom