Quest 3 accessories thread

Got the Bobo M3 Pro as seemed to be popular round here. Miles more comfortable than the standard strap.
Feels heavier on my head even without the battery fitted. That I can cope with.
Not sure I like the sideways wobble though. Has anyone changed to Kiwi one and found it as comfortable and noticeably less wobble?

Got the Bobo M3 Pro as seemed to be popular round here. Miles more comfortable than the standard strap.
Feels heavier on my head even without the battery fitted. That I can cope with.
Not sure I like the sideways wobble though. Has anyone changed to Kiwi one and found it as comfortable and noticeably less wobble?

You can reduce the wobble with some foam tape. It comes in different thicknesses and widths. Fitting a 60mm strip on the inside of the side-arms between the front edge of the back head pad and the rear edge of the brow pad will give extra side cushioning and movement resistance.

Got my Binbok headstrap last week and have been giving it a good testing since getting it. It's a really good headstrap. Maybe a bit pricier than some of the others been suggested but it does come with the magnetic battery charging dock and a second battery. Was in VR for almost three and half hours last night and the headset was still at 100%. One battery lasted that long. The hinge is pretty good too, you can flip the headset up without taking it off.

The only downside for me so far is that it would be nice if it had padding on the back of the strap. Not because of comfort but it leaves marks on the back of your head after playing for a while. If you aren't bald, this won't be a problem for you :)

I recently got the Cooopoo Head Strap for Meta Quest 3. It's not got a battery pack, but I don't like playing too long in one go anyway. The headset is nice, plenty of adjustment and comfortable. It initially feels like the rear sits a little too high on the back of my head, but it seems to hold in place fine.

714cl4beoiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I recently got the Cooopoo Head Strap for Meta Quest 3. It's not got a battery pack, but I don't like playing too long in one go anyway. The headset is nice, plenty of adjustment and comfortable. It initially feels like the rear sits a little too high on the back of my head, but it seems to hold in place fine.

714cl4beoiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Where did you get this from?

Thanks i'll take a look, i've barely used the Quest 3 after having it from launch. The default headstrap is super uncomfortable compared to the aftermarket one I had for the Quest 2

Same here, my Q2 headstrap was perfect, but they don't do a Q3 version. This was the closest I could find and it's such a difference over the stock one which made me look like I was sun burnt lol

So I’ve ordered a TP-Link AXE5400 router. This isn’t to replace my existing R7800 router (which is the other side of the house and works solid) but to add a WiFi 6E network in my ‘man cave’.
I have Ethernet cable going to my cave that goes to a gigabit switch. So I replace the gigabit switch with the AXE5400 and my PC plugs into that. My Quest 3 then has nice strong 6E signal. That sound sensible?

So I’ve ordered a TP-Link AXE5400 router. This isn’t to replace my existing R7800 router (which is the other side of the house and works solid) but to add a WiFi 6E network in my ‘man cave’.
I have Ethernet cable going to my cave that goes to a gigabit switch. So I replace the gigabit switch with the AXE5400 and my PC plugs into that. My Quest 3 then has nice strong 6E signal. That sound sensible?
That's exactly what I used to do, just had it dedicated for the quest too.

That's the router I've got dedicated for VR and setup just like that. It's been fantastic, fast and reliable. I did have a slight issue recently after I had reset the router to help Cityfibre test the new FTTP connection, but after playing with various settings it was back to normal. If you have any issues let me know and I can screenshot all the settings I have.

That’s great. Thanks very much. Had a quick peek at the manual downloaded. Will disable 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz as will only be used for Quest. Determined to get clarity equal to my Reverb G2 and there’s no AV1 over wired yet

Keep both the 5ghz and 6ghz bands on. I just had the 6ghz enabled and the quest 3 would not auto connect when waking from sleep.
It's a pretty decent router. I can't hold anything higher than 350mb bitrate, but happy with 200mb AV1. Network latency can be as low as 3ms and never goes above 9 so can't grumble.

Back
Top Bottom