Quest 3 accessories thread

Underboss
OP
from what Ive read Bobo is at 13w vs Kiwi at 15w, and Kiwi is not making noise whilst retaining a form factor I can fit in the official case when not in use. Im willing to give it a punt. If it extends battery life by even an hour that's probably all I need. Either way I have no bias so will put up an honest review, if a better option appears later I don't mind upgrading.

I was actually playing with my son earlier, we played multiplayer games from full charge to empty, and my 3 year old Quest 2 was roughly draining at about the same speed as my Quest 3, so the battery life is I guess not as bad as I thought on Q3, although I think my Q2 is not as good as it used to be.

Don't forget the quest 3 uses a more powerful cpu and higher resolution, it will drain at a faster rate, but I think it might be a larger battery over the quest 2 to balance it out

Soldato
I got these for the Q2 which work well with the Quest 3, plus they have small stowage 'cups' that attach to the headstrap to plug the buds into if you aren't using them. Others prefer the blutooth ones but that adds more charging faff.

So these have just arrived and are working well - excellent value for the cost!

One word of warning: the 3.5mm headphone jack is on the other side for the Q3, meaning you don’t get the benefit of cables made to the correct length. This does mean the right ear has more cable hanging down, but thankfully it’s still short enough to not be annoying.

I can use these for my Q2 as well, so I’d advise others to get a pair tailored for the Q3.

Soldato
So these have just arrived and are working well - excellent value for the cost!

One word of warning: the 3.5mm headphone jack is on the other side for the Q3, meaning you don’t get the benefit of cables made to the correct length. This does mean the right ear has more cable hanging down, but thankfully it’s still short enough to not be annoying.

I can use these for my Q2 as well, so I’d advise others to get a pair tailored for the Q3.

Depending on what headstrap you have, you can tuck any excess cable under a velcroed forehead pad.

Soldato
I ordered an AMVR facial interface direct from their store on the 24th and it arrived today. £23 with discount. The interface comes with 2 face cushions/pads one a PU leather and the other is described as ice silk cotton.
It was a bit fiddley to fit the interface to the headset with the Bobo M3 already fitted so I'd recommend removing the headstrap before fitting the interface. The part of the interface and cushion above the eyes is 40mm wide which makes it very comfortable. Some peeps don't like the folds of the PU leather as they say it pinches. The ice silk cotton cushion is even more comfy. There's a little wiggle room between the top of the interface and the bottom of the headband, but if you line them up, the pads on the interface and strap distribute any pressure equally.
3 position adjustment for glasses wearers, and it comes with a nose light blocker.
To complete the ensemble I added a velcro top strap to the Bobo headstrap with a spare PU pad from my Q2 strap.

53430112197_1ac2074aa2_b.jpg

53431361889_4017fdf255_b.jpg

Soldato
I ordered an AMVR facial interface direct from their store on the 24th and it arrived today. £23 with discount. The interface comes with 2 face cushions/pads one a PU leather and the other is described as ice silk cotton.
It was a bit fiddley to fit the interface to the headset with the Bobo M3 already fitted so I'd recommend removing the headstrap before fitting the interface. The part of the interface and cushion above the eyes is 40mm wide which makes it very comfortable. Some peeps don't like the folds of the PU leather as they say it pinches. The ice silk cotton cushion is even more comfy. There's a little wiggle room between the top of the interface and the bottom of the headband, but if you line them up, the pads on the interface and strap distribute any pressure equally.
3 position adjustment for glasses wearers, and it comes with a nose light blocker.
To complete the ensemble I added a velcro top strap to the Bobo headstrap with a spare PU pad from my Q2 strap.

53430112197_1ac2074aa2_b.jpg

53431361889_4017fdf255_b.jpg

I've read on reddit that the amvr facial interface is wider than the standard? Any chance you could compare the two? I'd love a different facial interface, but I've got a narrow face, and can already see light leaking in from my temples on the default one.

Soldato
've read on reddit that the amvr facial interface is wider than the standard? Any chance you could compare the two? I'd love a different facial interface, but I've got a narrow face, and can already see light leaking in from my temples on the default one.

Here you go chap.

53431245681_4e11ea10bc_b.jpg

53431675965_f8bdab5b47_b.jpg

Soldato
No, but here's a comparison... ice silk is at the bottom. It may even be just nylon but is it very soft and unscratchy.

53431295656_289c6b01fb_b.jpg

53431726545_95791fff43_b.jpg

I do like the look of the bottom one. It definitely looks more comfortable. PU Leather gets very uncomfortable and hot after a while.

EDIT: thanks for the pics!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Purchased the Binbok VR T3 headstrap last week. It's the one with the two batteries and the charging dock included.

Not sure when it's going to arrive, but will post up my thoughts as soon as it does.

Associate
can anyone give a view on a decent replacement headset interface as my current one is getting dirty. its off they did not provide ones that can be easily replaced - even the original vive thought of that

Associate
So my Kiwi battery strap arrived yesterday, charged and fitted this morning, have to report it as a great success so far, fits similar to my quest 2 strap, the little bit of weight in the battery balances the front (which was already way better than Q2 IMO) and no buzzing that I noticed but will keep an ear out. played with my sons until their 2 quests were both dead approx 2 1/2 -3 hours, my Q3 was still on 100% with the strap still showing one bar of battery, so its at least doubled my runtime, which is all I can ask for. Very pleased with it

Soldato
It must be the day for deliveries :) My Binbok T3 VR arrived today as well. Just after getting it about 30 minutes ago.

It's the one with charging dock and two batteries.

I have done a quick test and am pleased to say that it all works great. Very comfortable and the magnetic batteries are so easy to switch back and forth.

Just have to fine tune the adjustments on the strap to get it to fit perfectly.

Soldato
It must be the day for deliveries :) My Binbok T3 VR arrived today as well. Just after getting it about 30 minutes ago.

It's the one with charging dock and two batteries.

I have done a quick test and am pleased to say that it all works great. Very comfortable and the magnetic batteries are so easy to switch back and forth.

Just have to fine tune the adjustments on the strap to get it to fit perfectly.

Nice. I looked on the rainforest and it's £101.93 for the Binbok T3 with dual battery and charge dock, I guess that's the one you have. The Aubika has the same battery capacity but only one battery and I'm not sure if it has a charger dock. I was originally considering a Kiwi battery strap but now I'm considering the Binbok and Aubika. I wonder what the fit and finish and comfort is of the Binbok and Aubika versus the Kiwi.

Associate
can anyone give a view on a decent replacement headset interface as my current one is getting dirty. its off they did not provide ones that can be easily replaced - even the original vive thought of that
This just fits over the existing foam bit https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0CJXSDJ5J it's silicon it's £10 it's fine. I know Meta do whole interface replacements, not cheap though, iirc about £40

Soldato
Nice. I looked on the rainforest and it's £101.93 for the Binbok T3 with dual battery and charge dock, I guess that's the one you have. The Aubika has the same battery capacity but only one battery and I'm not sure if it has a charger dock. I was originally considering a Kiwi battery strap but now I'm considering the Binbok and Aubika. I wonder what the fit and finish and comfort is of the Binbok and Aubika versus the Kiwi.

Yes, that's the one!! I got mine cheaper than that as I got it brand new, but second hand. The guy who bought it changed his mind and went with a different headstrap before the Binbok he ordered got delivered.

Back
Top Bottom