Quest 3 accessories thread

Soldato
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but what's the best face pad (or whatever they're called) that will get my eyes closer to the screen?

I've just put a BOBOVR strap on, and noticed that if I did it really tight it squashed the stock pad and massively reduces the binoculars effect as my eyes are closer to the screen and it feels like a bigger FOV. So I'm wondering if there's thinner face pads that would do this without completely overstressing my head strap tightening mechanism.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but what's the best face pad (or whatever they're called) that will get my eyes closer to the screen?

I've just put a BOBOVR strap on, and noticed that if I did it really tight it squashed the stock pad and massively reduces the binoculars effect as my eyes are closer to the screen and it feels like a bigger FOV. So I'm wondering if there's thinner face pads that would do this without completely overstressing my head strap tightening mechanism.

Tha AMVR interface comes with 3 different sized cushions that may get you closer to the lenses. You could also remove the interface entirely with a halo strap for the ultimate FOV

Soldato
Tha AMVR interface comes with 3 different sized cushions that may get you closer to the lenses. You could also remove the interface entirely with a halo strap for the ultimate FOV

Ah that makes sense, when I checked the how to guide on installing the BOBOVR strap, it showed someone wearing it without the face pads. I couldn't work out why someone would do that.

Do you get loads of light bleed doing that?

Soldato
Ah that makes sense, when I checked the how to guide on installing the BOBOVR strap, it showed someone wearing it without the face pads. I couldn't work out why someone would do that.

Do you get loads of light bleed doing that?
Yes, unless you game in the dark. But it can add to the immersion if you're doing mixed reality.

Underboss
OP

nope, you only get 2 i got amvr recently, it says 2 on the box

with Soft PU Face Cushion Pad Replacement for Quest 3 and Breathable Ice Silk Cotton​

Last edited:
Soldato
Somewhat disappointed with the AMVR facial interface, which I've had for a couple of months now. I got it for the PU leather pad and while it's mostly comfortable I'm finding there's nowhere near enough padding at the bottom (near the nose area) and the plastic starts digging into my nose. I don't think I have a particularly large nose either so it's even more irritating.

Soldato
nope, you only get 2 i got amvr recently, it says 2 on the box

with Soft PU Face Cushion Pad Replacement for Quest 3 and Breathable Ice Silk Cotton​

Hmm, I must've got lucky as I had 2 of the PU ones and one of the ice silk. I ordered ordered it on release day so maybe they were a bit rushed during the packaging?

Soldato
A warning about Meta 3 accessories from Cex!
I bought a case for my Meta 3 from them which turned out to be third-party rather than a meta branded one.
The listing on their site clearly shows the meta one in the description and picture, so it's an entirely reasonable expectation that it's what would be shipped.
The one that arrived is still good quality and was clearly new, so I kept it, but I'm now very wary of buying an elite strap from them, as I'd definitely want that to be oem.

Back
Top Bottom