Quest 3 accessories thread

I've tried it a few times, and it's very.. "Wow" the first few times i've played, even just sitting in the cockpit is just plain wow..

However to get the most out of it, you are going to need some ninja button mapping to HOTAS skillz.. just because of the sheer amount of functions you need to do even a basic bombing mission, let alone dogfighting..

In the end I didn't put in the hours to learn all the controls to get the most out of it, although I do still fire it up now and again, for a quick fly around and landing practice.. (i remember the gear and flaps buttons :) ) which is still enjoyable!

HTH. R.

Last edited:
I've tried it a few times, and it's very.. "Wow" the first few times i've played, even just sitting in the cockpit is just plain wow..

However to get the most out of it, you are going to need some ninja button mapping to HOTAS skillz.. just because of the sheer amount of functions you need to do even a basic bombing mission, let alone dogfighting..

In the end I didn't put in the hours to learn all the controls to get the most out of it, although I do still fire it up now and again, for a quick fly around and landing practice.. (i remember the gear and flaps buttons :) ) which is still enjoyable!

HTH. R.

I was previously tempted to get this game, but was afraid of this. I've got VTOL VR and it's probably the limit for me when it comes to functions, I just don't have the time to invest properly.

I was previously tempted to get this game, but was afraid of this. I've got VTOL VR and it's probably the limit for me when it comes to functions, I just don't have the time to invest properly.

As the base game is completely free it's definitely worth trying if you already have a HOTAS. Possibly not so much if you have to use mouse / keyboard. :)

VTOL VR is excellent little flight game, and the vr only controls are good, but I prefer to use a physical joystick, also the graphics leave a little to be desired.

As the base game is completely free it's definitely worth trying if you already have a HOTAS. Possibly not so much if you have to use mouse / keyboard. :)

VTOL VR is excellent little flight game, and the vr only controls are good, but I prefer to use a physical joystick, also the graphics leave a little to be desired.

Yeah the graphics aren't the best, but it was my first VR flight sim so anything would have looked great! lol

I only use the VR controllers, no HOTAS. I'm guessing that could be a problem?

Yeah the graphics aren't the best, but it was my first VR flight sim so anything would have looked great! lol

I only use the VR controllers, no HOTAS. I'm guessing that could be a problem?

probably getting a bit OT as this is the accessories thread, but i'd say you need HOTAS for anything like DCS..

Should have noted this here in this thread...
Ordered a AMVR face pad for the Quest 3 and also a headset that has a 10,000mAh battery at the rear...

both were ordered cheaper last night, just got them in before midnight, lol.

I also have the BOBOVR M3 Pro on the way, likely to go with the KKCOBVR Q3 Pro tho.
The amvr facial interface was a game changer for me. Comfort is far better than standard interface and it seems to fit my face shape much better with no light bleed at all.

The amvr facial interface was a game changer for me. Comfort is far better than standard interface and it seems to fit my face shape much better with no light bleed at all.
That's good to know. Is it easy enough to fit.?

Both me and my wife will be sharing this. Altho grandchildren will be involved no doubt.
I'm hopeful for the headset also.

Last edited:
Just ordered the Razer facial interface and the Kiwi comfort head strap.

Has anyone else tried the Razer facial interface?

For all the sweaty heeds.

This interface/fan combo has the right idea to stop sweat and moisture killing your headset electronics. While meta plugs fitness app in their store, the electronics are not environmentally sealed from a potentially sweaty facial interface area.

The default interface doesn't have any air vents, and the headset electronics are cooled by a fan that draws cool air from the bottom 3/4 of the gap round the front faceplate, and the hot air is ejected from the top 1/4 of the gap round the front of the faceplate.

If a third party interface is used with air vents, then moist, salty air can be drawn forwards through the headset and over the electronics from the interface area.
This interface /fan combo sucks air from the interface vents and the 3/4 air gap round the front of the faceplate, drawing air away from the electronics and venting it out through the top front of the fans.

Many users on the meta forums are complaining of issues related to electronic failures due to moisture damage caused by exercise.

Amazon Linky

Last edited:
What would really interest me would be a facial interface which is designed to cool your face down with a fan, never mind making your your face heat doesn't get to the electronics!

What would really interest me would be a facial interface which is designed to cool your face down with a fan, never mind making your your face heat doesn't get to the electronics!

As it's drawing cool air from the bottom 3/4 of the front face plate, the air being drawn into the facial interface area will also be cooling your face and vented out through the fans.

Last edited:
I didn't know the KKCOBVR Q3 PRO headstrap was flip up -
Neither did I, I'll have to try that now, lol.
Lens protectors, essential accessory for those wot is new to VR headsets.

mmm, thought about something like that, especially if our grandchildren are going to use the headset.

Just ordered the ones above, same as what was described in the video, just branded differently it seems.

Both me and my wife do not need glasses and so the risk of scratching the lens is minimal, in that respect. If I fitted the AMVR facepad on its third setting, the furthest away from the lens, and then added those lens protectors, is it reasonably safe to allow people who need to use glasses to then use the headset..?

Thanks

Last edited:
For all the sweaty heeds.

This interface/fan combo has the right idea to stop sweat and moisture killing your headset electronics. While meta plugs fitness app in their store, the electronics are not environmentally sealed from a potentially sweaty facial interface area.

The default interface doesn't have any air vents, and the headset electronics are cooled by a fan that draws cool air from the bottom 3/4 of the gap round the front faceplate, and the hot air is ejected from the top 1/4 of the gap round the front of the faceplate.

If a third party interface is used with air vents, then moist, salty air can be drawn forwards through the headset and over the electronics from the interface area.
This interface /fan combo sucks air from the interface vents and the 3/4 air gap round the front of the faceplate, drawing air away from the electronics and venting it out through the top front of the fans.

Many users on the meta forums are complaining of issues related to electronic failures due to moisture damage caused by exercise.

Amazon Linky

I really did not expect to be sweating as much as I am whilst wearing the headset. I kinda get some sweating and bum twitching playing some of the games we are now using, but just wow at the sweaty aspect of wearing this headset...! Not sure if the PU leather option for the AMVR facepad is helping, the other choice being the fabric type, but that would absorb the sweat.!

The depth adjustments seem much better than the AMVR facepad, the first of ours broke a small latch on one side due to their fragility.

Ordered, will be delivered later tonight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom