Quest 3 accessories thread

Underboss
OP
ok , i managed to get my prescription lenses in, they "clicked" into place
but something is not right

the meta logo is double vision for me, and soon as the home screen comes up, yes it looks sharper but my head hurts straight away i feel something is not right

Soldato
ok , i managed to get my prescription lenses in, they "clicked" into place
but something is not right

the meta logo is double vision for me, and soon as the home screen comes up, yes it looks sharper but my head hurts straight away i feel something is not right

Sorry to hear that. Would it be worth playing around with the extendable positions of the facial interface either further or closer to see if that makes any difference? I assume there's no protective plastic lens cover that needs peeling off?

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
Sorry to hear that. Would it be worth playing around with the extendable positions of the facial interface either further or closer to see if that makes any difference? I assume there's no protective plastic lens cover that needs peeling off?

i took the gasket off completely, no difference

I have a feeling the left and rights are the wrong way around

i emailed them anyway, and they replied straight away!
just sent them my prescription

fingers crossed

Associate
Just had the INIU 5 meters powered link cable delivered.
Connected it both to my PC and charger and started playing Half Life Alyx.
My settings are:
Oculus software: max resolution and 80hz
Oculus debug tool: encode bitrate 400mbps, codec h264, encode resolution width 4128, distortion curvature low.
Playing this way for 2.5 hours the headset battery dropped from 100% to 99% so clearly it allows for continuous gameplay.
The cable is thick but very flexible and it weighs quite a bit which actually helps to counterweight the headset a bit( using bobovr headstrap without battery).
Can 100% recommend to those who don’t mind tethered gameplay.

The cable already stopped charging lol…

Edit: and it’s working again. what the heck..?

Last edited:
Soldato
well based on my feedback, they are creating some new ones with some adjustments and sending me a new pair!

Excellent! Hopefully they'll do an express delivery for you so you don't have to wait as long again. Do you think then that they mistakenly put the right eye prescription into the left lens and vice versa? And did they supply a card with your prescription written on it? If you hold the lenses up to your eyes (without the headset) with the right lens to your left eye and left lens to your right eye, is it possible to tell if they were made the wrong way round?

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
Excellent! Hopefully they'll do an express delivery for you so you don't have to wait as long again. Do you think then that they mistakenly put the right eye prescription into the left lens and vice versa? And did they supply a card with your prescription written on it? If you hold the lenses up to your eyes (without the headset) with the right lens to your left eye and left lens to your right eye, is it possible to tell if they were made the wrong way round?

should have tested that !

they put a card in with it, but it does not say "left" or "right" just the figures, so it is possible its the wrong way around, maybe i ordered them incorrectly

Underboss
OP
going to try my new modification out tomorrow night when i can do some more VR

added my powerbank to the back

ddMqOBC.jpg

vENYRlj.jpg

Associate
should have tested that !

they put a card in with it, but it does not say "left" or "right" just the figures, so it is possible its the wrong way around, maybe i ordered them incorrectly

My Zenni lenses have a faint 'L' and 'R' on them which needs to be at the bottom. I originally put them in the wrong way up so it's definitely possible!

Back
Top Bottom