Quest 3 accessories thread

Associate
I'm waiting for one that has the battery in the back of the strap so its lower down
Also the battery they are using at the moment seems to be almost useless as it’s draining in 30 minutes for some.
They really need to update it as Quest 3 draws just too much power.

Soldato
It's out of stock now

I guess they've been getting small amounts of stock and selling it quick as expected. Apparently the 24th (tomorrow) is meant to be the proper day for the rainforest to get a lot of stock. But then, maybe I should hold off if there's a battery issue. Hmm, don't know if I'll buy it right now or not. On the other hand, maybe I could buy one and Bobo will replace it after they've updated with a battery that doesn't drain.

Associate
My Hons lens have arrived in the UK, which is pretty quick as I ordered them last wednesday. Looking at the thread, I'm hoping they are correct and attached ok.

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
My Hons lens have arrived in the UK, which is pretty quick as I ordered them last wednesday. Looking at the thread, I'm hoping they are correct and attached ok.

you'll be fine

is yours a high prescrition ? (mines -9 -11) and they are very thick (like the ones in my glasses frames) if yours is a lot lower, they will be really thin, so make sure you dont put them on wrong (glass to lenses)
the other side has a lip

Soldato

Nice, that's really quick! I was wondering when I'd get an update for mine as I ordered on Friday. You prompted me to check my emails and I just saw they sent me an email at midday today with a tracking link. The tracking says 'Arrived at origin facility Mainland China, CN. Local Time 10:38'. I think they're 8 hours ahead so that must have been 2.38pm today. Hope mine is as quick and maybe I'll get them by the end of the week with any luck.

Associate
Anyone give advice on what size/brand powerbank I should get for the quest3? I was looking at maybe an anker 20000 that says 20w delivery. Was going to also get a usb c to c cable 2m to put it in my pocket when in use. Would this be suitable?

Soldato
My HonsVR tracking has updated and it now says it departed sort facility from Mainland China at 5.15pm our time with an icon of an airplane next to it. I wonder if that means it's already in the air on its way to the UK.

Underboss
OP
just tried it, whilst the quest is ON, it is charging through the soundcore
my powerbank is a 25W Anker one

2 hours playing, headset was still at 94% !
working well for me :)

currently 25% off

Anker PowerCore 10000 Redux Power Bank, 10000mAh Portable Charger with USB-C Power Delivery (25W) for iPhone 12/11/Mini/Pro/Pro Max/XR/XS, Samsung S21/S20, Pixel 3/3XL, iPad Mini 5, and More​

Last edited:
Soldato
2 hours playing, headset was still at 94% !
working well for me :)

currently 25% off

Anker PowerCore 10000 Redux Power Bank, 10000mAh Portable Charger with USB-C Power Delivery (25W) for iPhone 12/11/Mini/Pro/Pro Max/XR/XS, Samsung S21/S20, Pixel 3/3XL, iPad Mini 5, and More​

Very cool. I've got an INIU Power Bank 10000mAh, 22.5W PD3.0
that I bought a couple of years ago. I'll connect it to my headset and see how my battery is after an hour or two.

Soldato
Don't believe most of the stuff you read on Reddit.

Yeah it's probably not the case at all. Still, it makes sense that Meta want to sell as many Elite headstraps as possible and they're obviously aware that Kiwi Design and BoboVR are the best out there which can kill Meta sales. So it's possible they could have asked them to minimise their availability. I mean, there's only a few BoboVR headsets popping up now and again and certainly no sign of Kiwi Design yet. You'd think by now those two companies would have been ready to sell thousands of units.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah it's probably not the case at all. Still, it makes sense that Meta want to sell as many Elite headstraps as possible and they're obviously aware that Kiwi Design and BoboVR are the best out there which can kill Meta sales. So it's possible they could have asked them to minimise their availability. I mean, there's only a few BoboVR headsets popping up now and again and certainly no sign of Kiwi Design yet. You'd think by now those two companies would have been ready to sell thousands of units.

These are very small companies. They are only going to make stuff in batches and there isn't going to be much stock available at any stage. They are going to try to match production with Demand in as much as possible.

And no, it's not possible that Meta told Kiwi design and BoboVR to minimize their sales.

Back
Top Bottom