Quest 3 owners etc

Associate
Or have an official reflashing tool where you connect it to a PC and upload a stable OS. Just like you’d do with a mobo bios.

That would be good, although I suspect they would still need to retain the in-headset option as well for those who don't have a PC?

Last edited:
Associate
There's currently an unofficial way of flashing different versions on to the headset.

Good find! I don't think it'd work permanently, afaik even with auto-updates off Meta will eventually force an update (hope I'm wrong? correct me if I am), even if so, it'd be possible to run an older firmware for a while I think.

Soldato
Good find! I don't think it'd work permanently, afaik even with auto-updates off Meta will eventually force an update (hope I'm wrong? correct me if I am), even if so, it'd be possible to run an older firmware for a while I think.

It probably won't be permanent unless you disable updates or don't connect to the internet. Some of the earlier versions will have so little functionality, like airlink.
It can also unbrick borked headsets.

to post #5565

Last edited:
Soldato
It looks like there's a glitch in the V66 update software that's bricking headsets. So if you haven't got V66 yet, you may want to wait to update until the problem is sorted.

More borkage

Soldato
Meta are aware of the problem and have issued a fix. So it should now be okay to update your headsets.

Soldato
Is anyone having issues with airlink. The quest 3 doesnt see my PC. I have to disable link and repair the pc everytime I want to use airlink.
Looking at the quest forums it looks like a lot of people are having the same issue.
It was working fine until a recent update
Just wondered if anyone here has the issue or not?
Im on v65 firmware on the quest 3.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone having issues with airlink. The quest 3 doesnt see my PC. I have to disable link and repair the pc everytime I want to use airlink.
Looking at the quest forums it looks like a lot of people are having the same issue.

I've got the same issue on Quest Pro. It's not a hardware issue, it's an issue with the Meta software.

Soldato

Have you tried Virtual Desktop or Steam Link as an alternative?

Soldato
What are some useful ways to use a Quest 3? I've had one for a few months but haven't really dived deep yet.

I saw a random ad with someone using one to build IKEA furniture lol

Soldato
What are some useful ways to use a Quest 3? I've had one for a few months but haven't really dived deep yet.

I saw a random ad with someone using one to build IKEA furniture lol
well i'd first startby asking what your inita thoughts were when you purchased it?
there are productivty apps.
desktop streaming apps
virtual theater
loads of games solo/multiplayer and golf
did i mention ther walkabout mini golf?
theres social apps as well.
virtual anchors.
theres a virtual AI Tykey's been engaged wih
its a good tool to learn about virtual reality programming.
have you checked out the applab? https://sidequestvr.com/

Soldato
Main aim was gaming.
I used the Quest 2 and now 3 mainly for immersive gaming (Beat saber, some Star Wars stuff, Robo Recall etc.) but was just thinking, about other applications.

Soldato
well i'd first startby asking what your inita thoughts were when you purchased it?
there are productivty apps.
desktop streaming apps
virtual theater
loads of games solo/multiplayer and golf
did i mention ther walkabout mini golf?
theres social apps as well.
virtual anchors.
theres a virtual AI Tykey's been engaged wih
its a good tool to learn about virtual reality programming.
have you checked out the applab? https://sidequestvr.com/

You missed out 'update roulette' which is the new exciting VR experience.
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

Back
Top Bottom