Quest 3 owners etc

Soldato
Played a lot of Beat Saber. Also enjoyed Robo Recall.
Any games with free movement were a struggle.
But I would like to try again as Asgards Wrath looks really good.

Yes I’ve had a look, there’s a lot on there :)
I guess my question should have been, is there any PCVR only games I’d be missing out on?

Erm..... haven't you looked at the Meta PCVR games store?
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

Associate
Soldato
I guess my question should have been, is there any PCVR only games I’d be missing out on?

You said you don't have a PC capable of playing VR? So you can't play any PCVR games, so you are going to miss out on them all until you get a good PC. If you buy a Quest 3, you will be able to play PCVR games when you get a good PC. You realise that you won't miss out on any PCVR games by getting the Quest 3. That's the good thing about it, you can use it standalone but also connect to to a PC to play any PCVR games.

As for Quest 3 standalone games, there are so many to choose from.

Walkabout Golf,
Assassins Creed Nexus,
Asgard's Wrath 2,
Red Matter 2,
A Fisherman's Tale,
Pistol Whip,
Star Wars. Tales from the Galaxy's edge.
Vadar Immortal.

and too many to list!!!

Associate
You said you don't have a PC capable of playing VR? So you can't play any PCVR games, so you are going to miss out on them all until you get a good PC. If you buy a Quest 3, you will be able to play PCVR games when you get a good PC. You realise that you won't miss out on any PCVR games by getting the Quest 3. That's the good thing about it, you can use it standalone but also connect to to a PC to play any PCVR games.

As for Quest 3 standalone games, there are so many to choose from.

Walkabout Golf,
Assassins Creed Nexus,
Asgard's Wrath 2,
Red Matter 2,
A Fisherman's Tale,
Pistol Whip,
Star Wars. Tales from the Galaxy's edge.
Vadar Immortal.

and too many to list!!!
Sorry, yes I should’ve said best Quest 3 standalone games. We got there eventually :D
Have you experienced less motion sickness from the Quest 3 if anyone came from an older headset?
I don’t want to buy a Quest 3, suffer from motion sickness again, and feel like I’m not making the most out of it and end up selling it :(

Soldato
OP
There's things you can do to help yourself. No vehicle Sims for one.

Have some ginger, fan blowing on you to keep cool, snap turning, teleport or slow moving. Swing your arms and walk your feet when moving.

Key point is stop if you start to feel nauseous. Give it time before you come back.

Soldato
Sorry, yes I should’ve said best Quest 3 standalone games. We got there eventually :D
Have you experienced less motion sickness from the Quest 3 if anyone came from an older headset?
I don’t want to buy a Quest 3, suffer from motion sickness again, and feel like I’m not making the most out of it and end up selling it :(

VR motion sickness can be easily cured with a little patience. It's a simple trick, feel nauseous? Take off the headset immediately. That's it. Play VR as usual, the second you start to feel even a tiniest bit nauseous, stop, take off the headset and go do something else until the nauseous feeling goes away. Repeat this. You should notice that you are starting to spend longer and longer in VR before needing to take the headset off. Until one day you will have strong enough VR legs to play nearly anything without getting motion sickness.

The Mistake people make is trying to push through the sick feeling. That just makes it worse. You are actually training your brain to associate putting on a headset with getting motion sickness.

Soldato
There's things you can do to help yourself. No vehicle Sims for one.

Have some ginger, fan blowing on you to keep cool, snap turning, teleport or slow moving. Swing your arms and walk your feet when moving.

Key point is stop if you start to feel nauseous. Give it time before you come back.

Having "some ginger fan blowing you" will certainly take your mind off the motion sickness (especially if you are into redheads) but it might take some explaining if you don't live on your own.

Soldato
Got my Quest 3 - can't use it yet as it's a Christmas Present to myself though I did get it set up enough to claim Asgard's Wrath 2 so I can play it on the Pro :D

Initial impressions are it's nice and clear and the controllers are light.

As I don't have prescription lenses yet I had my glasses fog up almost instantly when giving it a quick test to look for dead pixels, etc, so I need that Quest Pro style headstrap plus of course prescription lenses. I'll be looking at getting the HONS VR magnetic ones as my wife will also be using the headset.

Back
Top Bottom