Quest 3 owners etc

Soldato
OP
I was under the, possibly incorrect, impression that holding the power button until it fully switches off is supposed to be a last resort, in the same way you hold the power button on a PC for 4 seconds to force it to turn off.

Yeah, it's why I tend to not do that, I prefer going through the selection.

Soldato
I was under the, possibly incorrect, impression that holding the power button until it fully switches off is supposed to be a last resort, in the same way you hold the power button on a PC for 4 seconds to force it to turn off.

I don't think there's a more correct way, but holding the button down is just a more direct way of powering it off, jut like an android phone, which is basically what it is.
Meta would rather you have it on standby to get all the latest spyware updates.

Soldato
When you hold the power button on the headset it gives the option to power off or restart so it's presumably the same as the shutdown and restart buttons on a PC or phone.

If you short press the power button it gives you the shutdown options. If you keep the button pressed it completely shuts down the headset.

Soldato
If you short press the power button it gives you the shutdown options. If you keep the button pressed it completely shuts down the headset.
Isn't the latter option more dangerous though as you're circumventing the shutdown process and run the risk of damaging files? I'm sure the risk is minimal but I still wouldn't use that option unless the headset (or my PC or phone for that matter) wouldn't shut itself down when I ask it to.

Soldato
Isn't the latter option more dangerous though as you're circumventing the shutdown process and run the risk of damaging files? I'm sure the risk is minimal but I still wouldn't use that option unless the headset (or my PC or phone for that matter) wouldn't shut itself down when I ask it to.

If you watch the screens when holding the button down, it goes through the normal shutdown screens but doesn't wait for the prompts to restart cancel or shutdown.

Blurbage from the meta site on shutting down....

Turning your headset off

Turning your headset off means that the system is completely off, and will only turn on when the power button is held. When your headset is turned off, much less power will be drained than if it were in sleep mode.

You can turn your Meta Quest headset off by holding down the power button for at least three seconds until the indicator light turns off and you hear the power down chime.

Last edited:
Associate
Debating getting a Quest 3.
I’ve previously had a Rift and PSVR.
I couldn’t always get on with VR with the motion sickness, but do you think this will be easier to get on with because of the increased resolution and refresh rate?
I also don’t have a gaming PC anymore. Is there enough games and quality of games to just play on the headset?

Soldato
I couldn’t always get on with VR with the motion sickness, but do you think this will be easier to get on with because of the increased resolution and refresh rate?
I also don’t have a gaming PC anymore. Is there enough games and quality of games to just play on the headset?

What games did you play on the Rift? What did you like?

Soldato

Erm..... haven't you had a look on the Meta games store.

Associate
What games did you play on the Rift? What did you like?
Played a lot of Beat Saber. Also enjoyed Robo Recall.
Any games with free movement were a struggle.
But I would like to try again as Asgards Wrath looks really good.
Erm..... haven't you had a look on the Meta games store.

Yes I’ve had a look, there’s a lot on there :)
I guess my question should have been, is there any PCVR only games I’d be missing out on?

Back
Top Bottom