Quest 3 owners etc

Soldato
OP
I added the rubber skullcap attachment I used on my q2, to the back of my 3, with some foam wrapped around it. With a powerbank hanging off the back, it's pretty comfortable. I suspect a 3rd party might be able to improve it further, but not by enough that it's going to bother me, once I'm playing I don't notice it too much. I will say, a new facial interface would be nice.

Soldato
For dead pixels, use this site (or similar) to test for them : https://immersha.com/webvr/vr-pixel-test.html in your Q3 open the web browser app, browse to this site, select the icon in the bottom right to start the test. Basically it fills your whole view with different coloured screens so that any dead pixels should hopefully stand out.
Appreciated, thank you mate.

Associate
Managed to have a quick shot of the Quest 3 in PC World today and those pancake lenses are so much better than the Quest 2's fresnel lenses. The pass-through is obviously very good as well. Still debating if it's worth £500 as my current Quest 2 is still working great and my custom headband makes it easy to find a sweet spot with those lenses.

Soldato
Managed to have a quick shot of the Quest 3 in PC World today and those pancake lenses are so much better than the Quest 2's fresnel lenses. The pass-through is obviously very good as well. Still debating if it's worth £500 as my current Quest 2 is still working great and my custom headband makes it easy to find a sweet spot with those lenses.

I don't know if they're still doing it, but several of us bought the Quest 3 128gb with a 20% discount from Very and so it cost £387.98. You have to be a new customer though. If you don't have an account with them yet and if they still have that offer, it might be a price that tempts you.

Associate
I don't know if they're still doing it, but several of us bought the Quest 3 128gb with a 20% discount from Very and so it cost £387.98. You have to be a new customer though. If you don't have an account with them yet and if they still have that offer, it might be a price that tempts you.

Cheers, I've have a look.

Soldato
Just had a hand controller update, and an app message stating that if I sign up to quest emails I get 20% off my next game purchase.
51084904172_3312f5174a_o_d.gif

Associate
Add in the tcb cashback and referral bonus and you can take another £60+ off as well as the 20% from very.
Think mine ended up being £327 and £23 meta store credit for games.

Associate
Add in the tcb cashback and referral bonus and you can take another £60+ off as well as the 20% from very.
Think mine ended up being £327 and £23 meta store credit for games.
And if you have no use for your Q2, CEX will pay £108 for a grade A 64G version. So if employing all the savings, you can upgrade for less than £250

Associate
And if you have no use for your Q2, CEX will pay £108 for a grade A 64G version. So if employing all the savings, you can upgrade for less than £250

I'd be keeping the Quest 2 as I originally bought it for my son, although he doesn't really play it much. The Quest 3 would be just for me, but I'd need to look at how things work with the current games I have and if they can be shared or transferred.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'd be keeping the Quest 2 as I originally bought it for my son, although he doesn't really play it much. The Quest 3 would be just for me, but I'd need to look at how things work with the current games I have and if they can be shared or transferred.

They can be shared. I would recommend creating an account for your son, or wife etc. Add them to the q2 as a secondary account, and enable App Sharing on the main account. You can use the q3 with your main account too.

If you want to take advantage of the £23 free referral credit, you will need to disconnect your q2 from your meta account (doable through the phone app I believe). And then use the referral when activating the q3. Fairly sure that's the order of events to get it to work.

Associate
They can be shared. I would recommend creating an account for your son, or wife etc. Add them to the q2 as a secondary account, and enable App Sharing on the main account. You can use the q3 with your main account too.

If you want to take advantage of the £23 free referral credit, you will need to disconnect your q2 from your meta account (doable through the phone app I believe). And then use the referral when activating the q3. Fairly sure that's the order of events to get it to work.

That's great, thanks for the advice! I'm still debating if I really need the Quest 3 but I had another play last night in PC World and those pancake lenses really are so much better. The passthrough does look awesome compared to the Quest 2 (obviously! lol) but I would have thought it to be even better. But perhaps I'm being a little harsh and expecting too much - like DSLR quality lol

Soldato
OP
That's great, thanks for the advice! I'm still debating if I really need the Quest 3 but I had another play last night in PC World and those pancake lenses really are so much better. The passthrough does look awesome compared to the Quest 2 (obviously! lol) but I would have thought it to be even better. But perhaps I'm being a little harsh and expecting too much - like DSLR quality lol

Passthrough for me is normally good enough to use my phone to see messages. Once you're playing a game in passthrough though, your focus is on the game, not the surroundings, so it's more than immersive enough (at least in my opinion).

Soldato
Is anyone having issues with their Quest 3 draining the battery whilst it's powered off? WHen I shut it down the battery is generally dead a couple of days later? Is this normal?

I have the Official Meta Elite Battery Strap so I'm wondering if that's the culprint? Or is there an update/etc setting which could be causing this issue?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Is anyone having issues with their Quest 3 draining the battery whilst it's powered off? WHen I shut it down the battery is generally dead a couple of days later? Is this normal?

I have the Official Meta Elite Battery Strap so I'm wondering if that's the culprint? Or is there an update/etc setting which could be causing this issue?

The latest update has moved the off button, it's now sleep, and you have to go to further options to turn off.

Back
Top Bottom