Quitting a Job Without Another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Right. Thought I could plow on like a few of you suggested but I can't. Called out sick today, plan to do so for the rest of the week. Going to quit on Friday. Absolutely not worth the mental anguish.

Fair enough mate, good luck but don't screw up your chances of a gteat reference or cut ties with what seems to be a small market.

You will need a doctors note for a full week of absence, right?

Associate
OP
Fair enough mate, good luck but don't screw up your chances of a gteat reference or cut ties with what seems to be a small market.

You will need a doctors note for a full week of absence, right?

Luckily I work in the US where employers can't say a word in a reference for fear of being sued. Similarly won't need a doctors note (what are they gonna do, fire me? ha!)

Soldato
I know how you feel OP.

I say quit. I've never had a prospective employer ask me about gaps in my CV. If you've got the money to sustain yourself for the next year or so, then just do it!

Associate
OP
Just an update for you all. It took me less than 3 weeks from quitting to end up with an awesome job that pays more money, more benefits, and with a team that so far seems to be great.

I'm taking a few months off anyway!

Anyone who is thinking about doing this, do it!

Caporegime
Just an update for you all. It took me less than 3 weeks from quitting to end up with an awesome job that pays more money, more benefits, and with a team that so far seems to be great.

I'm taking a few months off anyway!

Anyone who is thinking about doing this, do it!

Told you it wouldn't be so tough with your experience. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom