Quote from another thread "GD does correlate with autism "

Soldato
Perhaps not.

But I do find it very interesting that different people do score so very differently in a test that is really only asking questions about how people feel about and interact with other people.

To be honest it could just be a rng. How would you tell if it isnt?

Someone came up with some questions, put a score behind each one and it gives you an total at the end. The number is meaningless

Soldato

I'm confident I'm not autistic , but I am an introvert* and I think a lot of the questions apply to that too.

* I'm fine in social situations, and usually enjoy them, but do find it somewhat draining.

Associate
17, can confirm test is not accurate, indeed misleading.

From what I understand, Autism (as a whole, excluding stuff like down-syndrome) isn't really a consistent mental illness/learning-difficulty, and doesn't have much more than a loose grounding it any kind of objective testing.
It is hence either closer to a emotion or personality type; or getting a complete understanding of it is complicated beyond current neuroscience. It's just a really vague thing.
As such I assume that a simple written test would not expound the issue, and hence feel a bit on nose.

Last edited:
Soldato
Surprised it wasn't higher than the 40 I clocked.

There were a few questions I couldn't relate to with an honest response that'd probably pushed it higher.

Soldato
So much fail in this thread. :p

@Cooler running, download the official British English dictionary for Firefox. Right click in a text box and set the spell check/language to British English. Now you have spell check. How you can be (1) on a nerdy forum and (2) have used Firefox enough to know it as 'Moz' but not know this is baffling.

As for the quiz, it's based on DISCO and similar authoritative diagnostic tools. My score was 46.

I wouldn't expect to find Autistic people at either a theater or a museum... So am already pritty suspicious that this is a troll.

Why on earth wouldn't you? I suspect you have absolutely no idea, or next to no idea, what Autism Spectrum Disorder actually is.

From what I understand, Autism (as a whole, excluding stuff like down-syndrome) isn't really a consistent mental illness/learning-difficulty, and doesn't have much more than a loose grounding it any kind of objective testing.
It is hence either closer to a emotion or personality type; or getting a complete understanding of it is complicated beyond current neuroscience. It's just a really vague thing.
As such I assume that a simple written test would not expound the issue, and hence feel a bit on nose.

Again, no idea. Perhaps read up a little if you're actually interested. Autism is a neurological developmental disorder, not a mental illness or learning difficulty; although these can be co-morbid for some sufferers (hence, 'Spectrum'). It's not 'closer to an emotion or personality type' any more than depression or the 'flu is. Autism Spectrum Disorder (as it was recently amalgamated) is an umbrella term for a group of developmental disorders characterised by a 'triad of impairment', namely in (1) social understanding, (2) communication and (3) rigidity of thinking. Sufferers also tend to experience co-morbid sensory processing disorders to some degree, often significantly. Those with 'severe' Autism (one could argue all Autism is 'severe' just in different ways) can be non-verbal, unresponsive and unable to care for themselves at all. Those with so-called 'high functioning' Autism / Asperger's Syndrome (no longer medically recognised as distinct) can have significantly high IQs and lead multi-national technology corporations and invent cool new technologies... Hence, 'Spectrum'.

17, can confirm test is not accurate, indeed misleading.

Which just goes to prove the adage that 'If you've met one Autistic person, you've met one Autistic person...'. Effective masking != diagnostic invalidity in a standardised test, rather it means you're (consciously or unconsciously) giving invalid answers to the questions. As you'll know, Autism sufferers have a lack of innate social intelligence and lack of the innate 'knowledge' of language and societal norms that neurotypical people have. Just because you've learned to hide it, doesn't mean you're cured or that you suddenly have innate knowledge, which is exactly what the diagnostic tests tend to focus in (in reality, in much more detail and breadth of scope than an online quiz :p).

Back
Top Bottom