• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Mine are ref Asus 290Xs.

Meant puppetmasters 290x's, as he is trying to put more than +100mv through them. (From this post http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25905888&postcount=2177)

Dunno where I got Asus from. This is the listing for the cards I bought

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18560305&highlight=OcUK+Tech+Labs+EXPRESS

Does that change my options for extra voltage? there is a thread on the forums about adding something extra to AB to get more voltage, that still possible?

Try Sapphire Trixx instead of MSI AB. You probably wont even need a bios update.

I doubt it, as the interface is the same. If you apply the settings in one, it will apply all of them, then the other will overwrite them. The programs are essentially the same except without a powertune slider. Though not an issue as i seem to have the same stability without it compare to using MSI AB with it on 50%. Could be that Sapphire Trixx sets it to 50% as it is.

The mod for MSI AB seemed pretty easy, will search the forums for you, as i was interested in it not long ago.

Hey Guys,

Is it possible that my 290X is causing my PSU to trip? I've had it since December with no problems, but four or five times in the last week I've found the PC powered down. It won't start up again for a few minutes, which is why I suspect something the the PSU has tripped.

The weird thing is that each time it has been idle when this has happened, so I don't suspect heat to be the problem. I'm only looking at the 290X because it was the newest component, although it's been fine until now.

What do you reckon?

Cheers,

DF

Fair point - it's the cheapest part to replace, after all (and the oldest).

Any recommendations? It's just the single 290X, but half a dozen or so disks. I've currently got an XFX 850W jobbie but I have no idea if that's overkill.

850w should handle the 290X.

What's the exact model, as some of them were Seasonic?

I don't think there's any model number on the PSU itself (can't check right now), but my original order says: "XFX 850w Black Edition Modular Power Supply". It's from 2009.

If I replace it, it will probably be with a 750W Super Flower, based on advice in another thread.

Back
Top Bottom