Raceroom Experience

So as an avid player of Assetto Corsa would you chaps say that the FFB is better or the same as Raceroom ? Also i assume the Ai is better in RaceRoom ?

So as an avid player of Assetto Corsa would you chaps say that the FFB is better or the same as Raceroom ? Also i assume the Ai is better in RaceRoom ?
With over 200 hours in Assetto Corsa myself I'd have to say the FFB in Raceroom is better straight out the box, however, if you calibrate your wheel correctly and adjust the settings in Assetto Corsa and use a good FFB Clipping App it can be almost as good with very little noticeable difference.

Yes really enjoying RRE here too, I recently bought the WTCC 2016 pack with a load of circuits. I play exclusively offline and got bored with hotlapping in AC, the championship mode is not bad in R3E and there is also a decent leaderboard implementation where you can challenge top times. Rift support is an added bonus too. The one downside for me is the controller setup, I recently got the Fanatec CSW 2.5 wheel base and R3E keeps telling me my pedals are disconnected even though they are not!

If any of you are interested in online racing over at simracing.org.uk there are a variety of RRE events. Races on Sunday and Thursday evenings. Tonight it's the turn of the little NSUs. These provide some superb close racing online.

A new update was released yesterday. So thought I'd load this up last night and have a proper play.... Something I've not done in a while.

As much as I like PC2... There's something about the physics that just doesn't click for me. Raceroom just feels so much better. Just a shame it doesn't look as good as PC2.

Anyway, sector 3 have released three new GT3 cars and updated the physics (a few other changes have been made too).

Porsche is expected this month too!

Thinking of buying some vrp and giving this a go.

Any packs/tracks/cars that are essential? Should avoid?

Steam has a nurburgring pack but can't see that pack on the raceroom store?

25% off for easter sale now, premium pack for €49.99 is a steal, superb sim especially since latest physics updates, FFB is now exceptional,sound is simply the best in the business.

LOL really ?

Graphical damage model is the last thing i look for in a racing sim then again i only race on clean servers.
What sort of ddriving are you guys expecting lol?
It has top class physics,FFB and sounds with a tonne of content, to ignore all that because it doesnt have graphical damage model seems a bit mad to me, each to their won ofcourse but why lose out on a top class sim for something so trivial?

It can be a fun sim but the FFB is far from top class when compared to other sims.

All the track surfaces feel identical and are completely lifeless and void of detail, you don't feel bumps etc like you do in other sims... its like you're driving on a perfectly smooth surface 100% of the time. Its the sims major weakness imo.

Go and drive round Spa or Nords in iRacing (if you have access to it) and then drive on the same tracks in Raceroom, its night and day difference in terms of track FFB.

As I said though its still a fun sim for anyone into racing against the AI. The physics whilst not amazing are more than good enough to have fun with and the sound is VERY impressive.

Last edited:
I have to disagree with you about FFB because i feel plenty of bumps where they should be, id suggest your wheel could be the issue because the sim most certainly is not, R3E FFB is actually excellent.
Yes i have access to iracing and i would not use it as a barometer of the best FFB out there say its FFB is the best out there, good yes but not the best, AMS has the best FFB of any sim imo.

Yes its fun to race AI but fantastic online too especially on SRS.

Check out this vid and scroll through at your leisure where you can clearly even see the ffb coming through the wheel the guy is using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYy0AV0q9gk

I have to disagree with you about FFB because i feel plenty of bumps where they should be, id suggest your wheel could be the issue because the sim most certainly is not, R3E FFB is actually excellent.
Yes i have access to iracing and i would not use it as a barometer of the best FFB out there say its FFB is the best out there, good yes but not the best, AMS has the best FFB of any sim imo.

Yes its fun to race AI but fantastic online too especially on SRS.

Check out this vid and scroll through at your leisure where you can clearly even see the ffb coming through the wheel the guy is using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYy0AV0q9gk

My wheels setup fine and I've played it on both direct drive rigs (Leo Bodnar v2 and Argon OSW) and standard belt driven wheels (CSWv2.5) and its the same on all of them. Its the most common complaint and something even the devs have admitted is a weakness... there was a huge thread on it on the sector 3 forums if you can be arsed to hunt it out. I imagine they will look to improve upon it in GTR3 or whatever their next project is.

Im not saying iRacings FFB is amazing btw but it has without question the best track surface modelling/FFB out of any sim, its miles ahead of the competition in this regard. The rest of the FFB is a bit of a mixed bag although I still prefer it to Racerooms FFB if im honest.

Not too big on the online but thats mainly because im a proper neek when it comes to online racing and need all the features iRacing provides as well as the tougher competition it offers. SRS is a decent system though, I use it when I play Assetto Corsa... it just needs more users to offer better competition because even in AC the top splits aren't really that competitive.

Have you played it in the last 3 months? because FFB is vastly improved plus they have a new physics guy and the GT3 cars in particular are totally different and a lot better now.
I rarely hear anyone regular in raceroom complain about FFB now to be totally honest.

Back
Top Bottom