Raceroom Experience

Permabanned
Its only the track surface FFB I have issues with, not the overall FFB which I think is fine.

Not sure if I played it within last 3 months, I think last time I played was when the Porsche DLC dropped but im not sure how far back that was. I'll give it another go regardless and see if the updates have improved it.

Associate
LOL really ?

Graphical damage model is the last thing i look for in a racing sim then again i only race on clean servers.
What sort of ddriving are you guys expecting lol?
It has top class physics,FFB and sounds with a tonne of content, to ignore all that because it doesnt have graphical damage model seems a bit mad to me, each to their won ofcourse but why lose out on a top class sim for something so trivial?

Fair point and I should reinstall. Personally whilst I can hold my own and race cleanly - I am not a racing god and occasionally pile into a barrier. I like to see the fruits of my labour. ;)

I love the older Papyrus/Sierra sims. If you clip a wall you might get away with it. When you clout; it might pitch the car into a spin and in Nascar cause a chain reaction. Whereas with no damage you can play ping pong on street circuits and bounce of cars barriers etc. Its immersion. Also replays. :)

There is a street circuit in Race 07 and I think its a track in Portugal, where you dodge through a tyre wall, get it right and its so satisfying! When you get it wrong the car is a right off. Without damage it (for me) just takes away the 'fear' factor.

Associate
LOL really ?

Graphical damage model is the last thing i look for in a racing sim then again i only race on clean servers.
What sort of ddriving are you guys expecting lol?
It has top class physics,FFB and sounds with a tonne of content, to ignore all that because it doesnt have graphical damage model seems a bit mad to me, each to their won ofcourse but why lose out on a top class sim for something so trivial?

I dont play online, I like racing in offline Championships and having random events change the course of races and the Championships... its boring if its a procession for either me or the AI round the track. I know hte F1 damage could be better, but at least you get the odd random smash that ends the race of a big gun etc, changing the course of the title, things like that.

Not everyone is interested in super sim online experiences... and I know you will say look at other games, but ive always been interested in DTM and RRE has that in bundles, so its a shame there isnt a better damage modelling option.

Associate
No other sim can do this.

... done 4 years ago :rolleyes:

Proper sim at least for me rF2 ;)

btw. rFactor Pro and rFactor 2 are used by many real racing teams not only for driver training, but also real race car development, motec data etc.

Associate
I fired up RE tonight and grids only limited by garage slots is a welcome feature - when racing against AI it can make for interesting grids. Only recently purchased RF2 so its good to know it has the same capability.

I have spent a few more hours on RE and I have to say, I am really enjoying this sim. Admittedly I was not a fan at first but having spent time, my opinion has changed somewhat. Its good to see the AI are not perfect and will trigger a crash - From an immersion perspective this is great (even better if you see bits flying though) so I do stand by my comments that a better damage model would have been icing on the cake. Racing NSU TT's around Nürburgring is brilliant fun, I still make the same track mistakes as I do in Grand Prix Legends.

I am racing at 100 % realism using a pad, I get beaten a lot (scrabbling around for a mid field 'win') nonetheless, anywhere other than last I find really satisfying. :D

Associate
Its only the last 12 months R3E has even interested me, previous to that it wasnt great.
Now however its my go to sim.

Forgot about RF2 doing 104 cars i believe.

Soldato
I cant even get the game to run anymore, i have tried a complete reinstall but it just wont start and its actually makes windows 10 freeze and i have to reboot.

Associate
Is current sale worth it to get all content or does it go cheaper?

If you are picking up content, during the sales Simbin hold throughout the year is the best time. To be honest the discounts are usually about the same (no huge discounts) and no sale is better than another. The sales tend to mirror the usual holiday sales as per Steam etc.

I would always recommend buying packs rather than single items, it does work out cheaper. Any duplicate items (e.g. if you purchase another pack which includes a car or track already owned) the item is deducted from the total price - so you never end up paying for duplicates.

You can test out the cars before committing to purchase.

Peahead - Sorry to hear, it might be worth reviewing or asking over at RaceDepartment forums for a solution?

Associate
Thanks Ninco.

I have a couple of add ons like 90s DTM. Seems cheapest way is to buy 7500cr and use that to get premium pack (all currently available content). Means I will still have about 1000cr left over for future releases.

The game seems to be getting consistently better with a widening selection of cars and tracks.

Just got into VR too, and assume performance may be better than other sims..

Associate
Thanks Ninco.

I have a couple of add ons like 90s DTM. Seems cheapest way is to buy 7500cr and use that to get premium pack (all currently available content). Means I will still have about 1000cr left over for future releases.

The game seems to be getting consistently better with a widening selection of cars and tracks.

Just got into VR too, and assume performance may be better than other sims..

Anytime Mikeym.

I do not have a VR setup but would imagine performance is great. I find triple screens on sims amazing so VR, must be on another level!

Good choice on the 90's DTM's I hope Simbin release the Vauxhall Calibra/ Alfa 155 at some point. :)

Soldato
OP
Loaded up for the first time in months. Following a recent updates.

Multiclass racing in single player mode and AI selection... Two great features!

With GTR3 on the way. I wonder how much more life RR has?

Associate
Isn't GTR3 intended to be for the more casual racer?

I enjoy RR in 2D and had been contemplating (as above) getting all content to now enjoy in VR but really struggling to get performance/IQ I'm happy with and on a comparative level with Assetto Corsa. Seems RR is quite hard on CPU and maybe time to consider an upgrade..?

Associate
This is what I remember from a Racedepartment.com interview:

“We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as. It might fit the bill for some people, but it’s not going to be perceived as a ‘simulation’ title. There is a high expectation from all the sim racers that GTR3 is going to be a simulation product that appeals to that type of player only, it will certainly be fun as a sim racer, just like I have fun with a variety of other racing games in the genre.

The GTR3 name comes with baggage, that’s the hard part and the hard sell whoever you speak to. They always say GTR was a great racing sim, but times change and things move on. You have to look at different aspects like financials and the market, and how it weighs up. It’s not just about creating a racing game for one particular player, nowadays you have to cater for a wider audience."

Associate
Incidentally , I've tried most of my sims in VR now and was fairly disappointed with RR and RF2 performance. I've taken up special offer on iracing to see what it was like in VR and have to say I'm very impressed with how easy the VR setup / tweaking process was and the IQ/framerate - I just don't like the cost of it all !!
I think assetto corsa (orig.) will be my go to for VR in the meantime, and pending a CPU/MB upgrade I will likely pick up all content for RR in a future sale to enjoy in VR...

Associate
Just got all content in the current sale after managing to get decent graphical quality / performance in VR. Think that's as much to do with software updates and improvements in motion Reprojection with WMR rather than tweaking settings.

Loving a few different combos of cars / tracks but F3 at Macau in VR has me hooked!

Back
Top Bottom