1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radeon FURY thread

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by truther, Jul 6, 2015.

1. truther

Associate

is the release date the 14 or 17 for the FURY ? I take it OCUK have them sitting in the warehouse?

2. Lokken86

Mobster

Its the 14th I just checked the presentation video again.

3. truther

Associate

surely this is going to be the best price vs performance card out there ? unless the nano is a miniature fury x

4. Avenged7Fold

Capodecina

IMO unlikely, depends where they decide to place the card. it would probably fit in at the upper end between the 390x and the fury x in terms of pricing.

I can see the release premiums dropping on the 390x/390 cards a little bit and AMD throwing the air cooled standard fury in at the 430-450 mark.

5. Killer7xx

Gangster

I think this one will compete with the GTX 980 directly in terms of performance and power consumption. Although the price may be higher than the current price of the GTX 980s, and will probably be overpriced at launch on OCUK.

Hopefully this card will be AMD's 980Ti and perform close to Fury X levels at a £400-£450 price point. AMD needs to have a solid card like that.

6. Gerard

Caporegime

According to gibbo only third party coolers so the image of the stock fury styled cooler isn't an option unless you somehow get an oem one from somewhere.

Starting to wonder if they just decided not to release it as they've been historically pretty bad at reference coolers. Same deal for the 3 series, on stage they had similar looking coolers but on release only third party.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  7. ALXAndy

Capodecina

There is no stock card, the bare chips are being sold to AIBPs.

8. Gerard

Caporegime

There's obviously a reference card, just a shame that the fury branding style is restricted to 1 card instead of filtering down through the range as their slides show.

9. Vinno

Wise Guy

Hoping this will be a nice cheaper alternative to the Fury X but I can't see it being fast enough for what I want :(

10. SiDeards73

Soldato

Something that's been on my mind with these cards and AIB's is normally you get a better clocked and cooled version card than the ref model. However we know FuryX doesn't clock very well atm due to no voltage tweaks etc

I am wondering if AMD has held back the FuryX being fully unleashed while it was sorting out the fury cards with AIB's, then will help Sapphire or MSI etc with unlocking the FuryX's full potential?

Seems odd if the Fury is basically locked down as well with minor core boosts and hardly any mem OC from AIB, say for instance Sapphire want to release a Tri-x, VaporX and that new one which name escapes me, that's 3 cards all with different coolers and you would expect varying clocks, given how rubbish the FuryX clocks at the moment that doesn't leave much room for a company like sapphire to differentiate these products much?

11. Orangey

Sgarrista

I think the other one is Nitro. Why the hell do Sapphire need 3 different coolers?

12. nashathedog

Sgarrista

Will there be three different coolers all on the same chip?

So far we have the Tri x on the 390x, Nitro on the 390 and Nitro and dual-x on the 380.

Maybe there moving them around somehow, How about tri-x and Vapor-x on the X model and Nitro and dual-x on the non X models
    Or maybe the 390 will have the tri-x instead of the dual-x but no vapor-x.

13. mururoa

Gangster

Sapphire's 390 Nitro and 390X Tri-X use the same cooler, the naming scheme doesn't seem to bear any relevance there.

14. JediFragger

Capodecina

A week today. A lesser performing FX, how exciting :rolleyes:

:p

15. DAnDan

Mobster

Depending on the price, it could be pretty exciting, for me at least.

If it comes it at close to (say 90% of) the FuryX performance, but fairly substantially cheaper then it will be a nice option for those of us not quite wanting to spend £500+.

But it all depends, it needs to be clearly better than the standard 980s, and cheaper really. But who knows, only a week to wait!

16. JediFragger

Capodecina

Hang on a few weeks, might be a fire sale on!! :(

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/processors/38161-amd-issues-warning-for-q2-2015-sales

Poor AMD! Just hoping they've hit bottom now and will begin their climb upwards...

17. mururoa

Gangster

Massively unlikely, considering that not even the full fat FX in its current state is clearly better than standard 980; when it comes to smoothness and frametimes, it's actually worse, according to Techreport:

http://techreport.com/r.x/radeon-r9-fury-x/value-99th.gif
    no hotlinking images please!

Fury could be good if the price is right, but the listed prices at the few German and Austrian etailers didn't look all that promising (upwards from 623,90€).

18. truther

Associate

I think some people are forgetting that your getting near titan x performance for £409, the EU Asus model which is always higher is £450.

Voltage overclocking should be available as its the AIB Voltage Regulators that are be used so their homebrew OC utilitys will work from the start .

19. truther

Associate

20. flopper

Mobster

shapes up nicely a week to go.