• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon R9 290X Sees Price Cuts

Soldato
Nvidia drops soon too. so then amd cards drop a bit more to counter plus new nvidia cards. the 290s will go down more yet.

Last famous words?

The avg 780Ti needs to drop almost 30% of it's price. Something it will never be done. They will still sell at that price until stock is gone.

Which if you look at the shop here at OCUK you will realise that some brands are on the last card, while others on the last 10 cards.
Only the 780s either reference blowers or the white KFA seems there is 10+ stock, and only the ASUS Rog from the Ti. I bet by end of this week they will all be gone.

Same happened with the 6xx series last year. 760/770 and 780 almost 6 months on the market, the 660/670/680 were sold at same prices until stock was gone. Some more expensive than the card replaced them.

In the mean time, 2 290X or a 295X2 at the cost of a Titan Black, or 2 290s almost at the cost of a single 780Ti. You cannot beat that prices/performance ratio, until there is a single graphic card with that power at that price. Something we will not see until well into 2016-17.

OcUK Staff
Nvidia drops soon too. so then amd cards drop a bit more to counter plus new nvidia cards. the 290s will go down more yet.

Nope, NVIDIA can't drop what they don't have.

Titan Black, 780Ti and 780 are now all gone from board partners. What your seeing now in the channel is the best pricing, the only drops will come from Etailors who have overstocks and need to reduce price further.

Here at OcUK our Titan Black, 780Ti and 780 stocks are now severely depleted and nearly all gone.

Our focus shall be the new cards at whatever price NVIDIA launch them at. :)

Associate
Nope, NVIDIA can't drop what they don't have.

Titan Black, 780Ti and 780 are now all gone from board partners. What your seeing now in the channel is the best pricing, the only drops will come from Etailors who have overstocks and need to reduce price further.

Here at OcUK our Titan Black, 780Ti and 780 stocks are now severely depleted and nearly all gone.

Our focus shall be the new cards at whatever price NVIDIA launch them at. :)

And theres me waiting for ocuk 780 prices to further reduce :(

Was wondering where the Gigabyte 780's went :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Last famous words?

The avg 780Ti needs to drop almost 30% of it's price. Something it will never be done. They will still sell at that price until stock is gone.

Which if you look at the shop here at OCUK you will realise that some brands are on the last card, while others on the last 10 cards.
Only the 780s either reference blowers or the white KFA seems there is 10+ stock, and only the ASUS Rog from the Ti. I bet by end of this week they will all be gone.

Same happened with the 6xx series last year. 760/770 and 780 almost 6 months on the market, the 660/670/680 were sold at same prices until stock was gone. Some more expensive than the card replaced them.

In the mean time, 2 290X or a 295X2 at the cost of a Titan Black, or 2 290s almost at the cost of a single 780Ti. You cannot beat that prices/performance ratio, until there is a single graphic card with that power at that price. Something we will not see until well into 2016-17.

This a man who speaks common sense and has some clue. :)

Anything we have left of 780 upwards once new stuff launches will be minimal and no need to drop in price as there will still be people with 780 and above wishing to do SLI, so the old stuff what is left will still slowly trickle out and as we have so little left there is no need to drop price.

OcUK Staff
And theres me waiting for ocuk 780 prices to further reduce :(

Won't happen.

Asus 780: All sold out except Poseidon which is 3 left.
EVGA 780: Only 6 Classified left with 4 per week selling.
Gainward 780: 2 left with 2 per week selling.
KFA2 780: 200 left with 80 per week selling as we build systems using them.
KFA 780 HOF: 22 left with 6 per week selling, we might knock £20 of this in the future.
Inno3D: 7 left with 5 per week selling.
MSI: 6 Lightnings with 2 per week selling.

Our 780 stocks are down the bone, no need for us to act further on pricing.

My advice if you see anywhere selling a 780 new at what seems like a crazy price, BUY IT, they will be very short lived as 780 stocks are minimal as are 780Ti and Titan Black.

Associate
Won't happen.

Asus 780: All sold out except Poseidon which is 3 left.
EVGA 780: Only 6 Classified left with 4 per week selling.
Gainward 780: 2 left with 2 per week selling.
KFA2 780: 200 left with 80 per week selling as we build systems using them.
KFA 780 HOF: 22 left with 6 per week selling, we might knock £20 of this in the future.
Inno3D: 7 left with 5 per week selling.
MSI: 6 Lightnings with 2 per week selling.

Our 780 stocks are down the bone, no need for us to act further on pricing.

My advice if you see anywhere selling a 780 new at what seems like a crazy price, BUY IT, they will be very short lived as 780 stocks are minimal as are 780Ti and Titan Black.

Thanks for the advice.

You've pretty much answered what I needed to know.

Desperately in need for a GPU for my new build and if the 780 is not dropping any more I will just wait for the new Nvidia cards.

Fingers crossed we will be seeing them on the 19th.

Permabanned
Thanks for the advice.

You've pretty much answered what I needed to know.

Desperately in need for a GPU for my new build and if the 780 is not dropping any more I will just wait for the new Nvidia cards.

Fingers crossed we will be seeing them on the 19th.

I think the 18th or 19 is just a paper launch. cards will appear a week or 2 later.

Soldato
just the 1 monitor and its in a Silverstone Fortress FT02 fans of the case are at full speed no dust etc.

ocuk said these are normal temps for the card in my ticket so no clue tbh i honestly thought that was to high tbh.

my cpu runs at like 27-30c idle..

if load temps are fine then i would not worry too much about idle

Associate
Why not buy a 290/290X?

The 290's and 780's are very similar in performance right? The price difference when choosing the 290's is tempting but after using both brands I kinda prefer Nvidia...dont know why lol.

I think the 18th or 19 is just a paper launch. cards will appear a week or 2 later.

Even if it is a paper launch I think I could make my decision on that day based on the figures weather or not the new cards are worth it over the 780's/290's.

Just need to hold out until the 18/19th :(

Caporegime
okay lets take todays prices and people say they wont drop. lets see

cheapest 290x 269.00
cheapest 290 259.00
cheapest 780 gtx £298.99 (this is already beaten )

next two weeks cards will be cheaper.whether its here or not well see.

Last edited:
Soldato
yes but if you drop the 290x too far in price that'll effect the 295x2 ............. but the 290 in crossfire takes up a lot of room.... heat problems as well.

so i'd rather have a dual card

Associate
I currently have a watercooled 290. Considering the recent price drops I can't decide whether to take avantage and upgrade. I game at 1080p and dont think i'll be moving to 4k any time soon.

Right now I could:
a) watercool a ref 290x using the same kit i already have for £260.
b) crossfire two 290's for about £350. possibly need a new PSU too.
c) sit tight, do nothing.

i think (a) or (c) but then (b) seems like fun, i've never gone multi gpu.....

Soldato
I currently have a watercooled 290. Considering the recent price drops I can't decide whether to take avantage and upgrade. I game at 1080p and dont think i'll be moving to 4k any time soon.

Right now I could:
a) watercool a ref 290x using the same kit i already have for £260.
b) crossfire two 290's for about £350. possibly need a new PSU too.
c) sit tight, do nothing.

i think (a) or (c) but then (b) seems like fun, i've never gone multi gpu.....

Gaming at 1080 a 290 is all you need IMO.
what I can say is that the 290x where I live will start to offer the same price range as the 290 had a long time.
I wont change my card as I still wait for 20nm.
I personally stay away from crossfire/sli. to much hassle.

Associate
Gaming at 1080 a 290 is all you need IMO.
what I can say is that the 290x where I live will start to offer the same price range as the 290 had a long time.
I wont change my card as I still wait for 20nm.
I personally stay away from crossfire/sli. to much hassle.

Thanks. It's helpful sounding this out. I'm going to wait and see what happens to the 290x ~ one would expected a greater reduction over the range now that the geforce 9xx are out. Either way, i'll spend my money on something else.....

ta.

Back
Top Bottom