• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" Launched at $199

Soldato
Upgrading from a 290, even if I don't need it. Might even buy one for my nephews little living room PC upgrade from a 560Ti, these are going to sell like hotcakes.

Lets just hope UK retailers keep their greedy mitts off and don't ruin it with their UK add on tax.

Soldato
Upgrading from a 290, even if I don't need it. Might even buy one for my nephews little living room PC upgrade from a 560Ti, these are going to sell like hotcakes.

Lets just hope UK retailers keep their greedy mitts off and don't ruin it with their UK add on tax.

They will but it will still only be £200/£210.

Man of Honour
Interesting news but if it's only around 970/980 performance it's not a worthwhile upgrade for me but hopefully it will force the price of the 1070 down a bit to make that within my reach. I hope AMD has got on top of power consumption with this gen.

Soldato

I doubt you will see much deviation from msrp if supply is good

Soldato
Well this is great news for me...due some commission payment end of July and was going to allocate £200 for a new gfx card to replace my 7850.

I now have a choice of this...or possibly some very nice prices on the second hand market!

Soldato
I'll be honest, people are very suprised at the pricing of this card... when in reality they shouldn't be. This is pretty much the pricing of the previous R9 380 cards. If anything, this pricing is what was expected. Now if it were above £200, then we'd have issues on our hands.

I'm not surprised. It's what I expected as well. But that doesn't mean it's not great. They've just redefined price-performance for the mainstream market. Maybe some here aren't excited because the OC forums has a heavy number of people who have 980Ti's, et al. and they only really care about more raw performance, but for that big wide world outside the OCUK forums, this is huge. Everybody suddenly gets high level graphical performance, decent 1440p gaming and VR capable GPU.

You said in two threads now that people shouldn't be excited. I'm excited - the base level of graphics in gaming has just shot up.

Soldato
I can't help but feel it's too little too late. I mean those who game at 1080p at the moment will pass on this, so who does this card cater for? Also a card is only as good as its drivers, lets hope AMD have decent ones.

Soldato
I can't help but feel it's too little too late. I mean those who game at 1080p at the moment will pass on this, so who does this card cater for? Also a card is only as good as its drivers, lets hope AMD have decent ones.

Not sure this is the case...

As I posted above, I am looking at a new card end of July time. A budget of £200 and want to have a card to play BF4 at ultra and decent settings at 1080 and also ready my PC for BF1.

This card I think will shake up the market, and as others have said bring PC gaming more mainstream as it will allow people to build PC's at not too far off console prices on release prices which in the long term can only be a good thing?

Back
Top Bottom