• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RadeonPro - How To Remove Micro stutter & Improve Frame Latency

Soldato
WOW massive improvement for me and my single 7950 in crysis 3 :)

The input lag on crysis was getting towards unplayable even without vsync which is the main reason I tried this program.

After following this tutorial I have;
much less input lag
less screen tearing
smoother game play

why on earth doesn't the card use these settings by default :confused:

Here are my fraps results for 60 second run on china town with 16 players max settings no vsync no aa.

top one is with radeon pro and ltmatts settings
crysisframes_zps23fbb22d.png

bottom one is without radeon pro

Thanks again for tutorial :)

Associate
Agreed, I hope AMD are testing these settings out themselves and include them in future drivers, such a simple fix for a much better experience in some games.

Associate
It can be troublesome sometimes game dependant, remember to set the launcher options for FC3 in the options.

Hi,
I am also having issues with launching FC3 with RP running in, it just errors with APPCRASH when starting it up from the Origin launcher. I have set the launcher options to Origin and followed Matt's instructions to the letter. Any ideas why this might be? I'm running catalyst 13.3 on a Gigabyte 7950 WF3.

Caporegime
OP
Hi,
I am also having issues with launching FC3 with RP running in, it just errors with APPCRASH when starting it up from the Origin launcher. I have set the launcher options to Origin and followed Matt's instructions to the letter. Any ideas why this might be? I'm running catalyst 13.3 on a Gigabyte 7950 WF3.

I have it working with Farcry 3 and afterburner overlay preset. Make sure you disable RadeonPro overlay/fps counter if its turned on. Use the latest RadeonPro, a new one was released about a week back.

Try setting up an OSD profile in afterburner for the farcry 3 dx11 exe.

If you can't get RadeonPro to work you can use Directx over rider. I actually find myself using this these days as its simple and easier to use than RP.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/alnpw8

As usual disable vsync in game then copy my profiles here.

5xKtpwv.jpg

Soldato
Good news for RadeonPro fans.

It seems flip queue adjustments do still work, I am not sure if it was a driver issue or an earlier RadeonPro. I did a complete driver clean and installed the latest RadeonPro and 13.3 B3 and the flip queue adjustments are working again.

Caporegime
OP
Good news for RadeonPro fans.

It seems flip queue adjustments do still work, I am not sure if it was a driver issue or an earlier RadeonPro. I did a complete driver clean and installed the latest RadeonPro and 13.3 B3 and the flip queue adjustments are working again.

Great news ICDP but how do you know?

Associate
I have it working with Farcry 3 and afterburner overlay preset. Make sure you disable RadeonPro overlay/fps counter if its turned on. Use the latest RadeonPro, a new one was released about a week back.

Try setting up an OSD profile in afterburner for the farcry 3 dx11 exe.

If you can't get RadeonPro to work you can use Directx over rider. I actually find myself using this these days as its simple and easier to use than RP.

Thank you very much, I will try that tonight when I'm home. Are you saying that the Directx override will achieve the same results as the RP setting that you posted earlier on this thread then? I will try both and check it.

Caporegime
OP
Thank you very much, I will try that tonight when I'm home. Are you saying that the Directx override will achieve the same results as the RP setting that you posted earlier on this thread then? I will try both and check it.

Yes generally it will. The only thing it won't change is the flip queue size, but some games allow you to change that anyway via the graphics options (farcry 3) or via creating a user.cfg and placing it in the main game folder. (battlefield 3)

Last edited:
Soldato
Great news ICDP but how do you know?

It's really as simple as using the built in RadeonPro benchmark feature. It will produce a FRAPS style xls file that you can load into FRAFS to see frame-times.

Set the flip queue size to different settings and test/record the difference. Prior to me doing the driver sweep and installing the lates RadeonPro no flip queue changes were taking effect at all.

Caporegime
OP
Why doesn't the AMD CCC have advance mode with all these options to hand?

Its coming in June, flip queue size and the option to add latency in order to smooth the frame times is going to be added. In fps type games though adding latency is not always a good thing so in those type of games it might be best to leave things as they are currently. Lower latency, more responsive but at the same time less consistency in frame times. What these latency reviews don't show though is most of the time the game feels perfectly smooth. :p

Soldato
Hi,

Hi, have no issues running FC3 launching from RP and through Uplay, also 13.3 on GB WF3. :)

Man of Honour
^

Fraps, however, that testing methology has been busted wide open, but if your using it to help smooth frame rates:

FRAPS and similiar software still gives you a good baseline to work from, if FRAPS is showing bad results at best hardware frame control can only mitigate the problem a bit not eliminate it. If FRAPS is showing good results then you could still be getting dropped frames which it can't detect but its a likely indication that stuffs ok.

Soldato
Just been testing this out in BF3 Matt, it's working really well. Shame it's not improving my scores, have you got any RadeonPro tweaks for that? :D

FRAPS and similiar software still gives you a good baseline to work from, if FRAPS is showing bad results at best hardware frame control can only mitigate the problem a bit not eliminate it. If FRAPS is showing good results then you could still be getting dropped frames which it can't detect but its a likely indication that stuffs ok.

Totally agree Rroff. That baseline is still important and I'm not going to be buying a capture card and start frame by frame analysis. I'd rather be actually playing games! :p

Back
Top Bottom